full size spare

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I was goin gto tak ethe pack but got fed up as Vauxhall in UK charge £99 for the full kit so I think Nissan are bieng a bit greedy myselfMyself im going to buy a second hand QQ steel rim they only 16" but gotta be better if you get stranded than a space saver and a second hand scissor jack and wheel braceWont save much just when you remove the spare wheel polysterene thats a huge hole in thereDont forget though any spare you carry will need a set of wheel nuts to hold them on as the alloy nuts may not fit a steel type rimI found that out on a car years ago lol

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Yesterday I was at our Dealers and I raised the question again about the Emergency Spare Wheel. As I have no QQ yet I took a look at the rear and as mentioned previously the whole Styropor Casing and the Bits have to be removed and the new Spare screwed in place with a Plastic "Nut".
All the additional parts have to be ordered :
16" Space Saver Spare Wheel - 40300JD077 (145x90x16) + Tyre / 80 km/h Warning Label - 403539F500 / Clamp - 74810JY00A / Wheel Brace - 995454EA0A / Jack - 9955EY20A
Jack Handle - 99552EY10A / Tool Bag* - 9950450Y00 / Spacer Piece (Left) 849794EA0A
Spacer Piece (Right) 849774EA0A

After discussing with the Salesman he suggested that he could supply the Wheel Brace parts needed from a Scrapped Nissan and we tried a Brace from a Micra in the showroom and this appeared to have enough height for the QQ and this looks a much cheaper option to follow up. The Brace seems to be a Std size.
Incidently after checking again the Wheel Hole Sizes are : 5 Holes x 114,3 mm Pitch Dia x 66,1 Middle Hole.
If anybody finds this information to be incorrect or has additional information I would be grateful for some feedback - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

I've just ordered a full size 19 " alloy wheel with tyre and bolts for £293 Inc delivery. From wheelbasealloys.comNow just need a Jack and wheel nut socket... And the car! Due in dealer any time today.
tekna cvt mag red
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Out of curiosity, for those who use winter tyres.What do you do about the spare?I am not sure how a car would perform on 3 winters and a summer space saver(?)
Nissan no more...
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Alleycat, you have really hit the nail on the head on this point. I have lived out here in Germany since 1990 and have always had two cars and two sets of wheels for each Summer & Winter. The spare has normally stayed in the Boot Area and was different to what tyres were driven on most of the time. The approach here was that the Spare if used was for temporary use and to get you to an Emergency Point for Repair and not be used for long distances or time. I hope this helps Dave

Here is a quote :
You must always make sure that tyres on the same axle are of the same size and aspect ratio - your car will fail the MOT test if they're not - but the law makes an exception for temporary use spare wheels fitted in an emergency.
Temporary use spare wheels - non-standard spare/skinny spare - are increasingly being supplied as standard by car manufacturers to save space and weight. Generally these will be narrower than the standard size car tyres.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/sa ... heels.html
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Rustical

Post by Rustical »

I have 4, 17 inch alloys From new 2014 model Nissan Qashqai these are standard 17 inch alloys fitted to new models, We upgraded the wheels before delivery hence why we do not need these. These are genuine Nissan equipment. Tyre size to fit 215/60 R17. 5 studs J7Manufacturer Part Number: D0300-4EA1BThese are brand new with just dealer delivery mileage use.We upgraded the wheels when we ordered so have the original 4 alloys in boxes to sell. will sell for £90 each plus delivery costs. I know a lot of people don't like the inflation kit so here's a chance to get an original spare part. anyone interested can contact me through here first regards ps there is a picture in the sales and wanted forum
ferris

Post by ferris »

Very interested - sent you a PM!
Would I need different wheel nuts from whatever a 19" Tekna wheel uses?ferris2014-05-09 17:27:21
Rustical

Post by Rustical »

I think the wheel studs are standard size, believe only the wheel diameter / width changes. But cannot confirm this R
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Wish I was a bit more flush, I'd have had them for a winter set. Have you considered that for your vehicle?
Nissan no more...
Rustical

Post by Rustical »

LOL, wife is main driver, winter tyres would not make a difference, better I take the wheels off and make her walk!!!! in the winter. On serious note, It's a good idea, not sure we benefit from using them here, I spent 6 months in Iceland with winter tyres on an avensis, needed a monster truck with deflated tyres most of the time.