full size spare

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

can anyone tell me if a full size spare will fit in the well please? thinking a space saver may be a lot of hassle on a long trip. a proper spare would save headaches.i'm thinking it would be fine as long as it doesn't interfere with the upper floor boards.thanks
tekna cvt mag red

korky

Post by korky »

Don't think a full size will fit without messing about with the floor boards etc
ohpoint7

Post by ohpoint7 »

Hi Andrew,

There is a full size spare version for some non UK markets, which fits, but the level of the floor comes to just below the boards, so the effectiveness of the boards is limited (i.e. you'd have the reversible feature, but that's about it).

The full size spare has different spacers underneath the floor, which also replace the spacer at the front of the boot (behind the back seats) and then had a longer carpet which covers the whole lot. The flexible boards aren't normally supplied with the full size version, but the side supports (for the flexi boards) just unbolt.

Depending how 'OE' you want it to look, you could probably use the exisitng floor and make up your own spacers if you wanted, or just order the parts from the dealer (if they can work out what parts are required - it's taking a little time to get the temporary spare 'kit' sorted out with the dealers).

Cheers
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

thanks for the info peeps, i'd guessed that a full size would interfere with the lower floor carpet/boards, wanted to make sure it wouldn't interfere with the upper floor level.seen some 19" rims for £130 that state will fit qashqai 07 on. plus about £150-200 for a tyre. i think i've read that the nissan space saver is around £200 from dealers.i've never used or had a car with a space saver. is it true they are limited to speed/distance? we are planning on driving from southwales to orkney in july, i don't want to get a puncture on m4 and be stuck at 50 mph the rest of the way.as we need to book ferries, visits to tyre shops to fix a gunk filled tyre may cost us the holiday.
tekna cvt mag red
korky

Post by korky »

[quote="andrewjoseph"] thanks for the info peeps, i'd guessed that a full size would interfere with the lower floor carpet/boards, wanted to make sure it wouldn't interfere with the upper floor level.

seen some 19" rims for £130 that state will fit qashqai 07 on. plus about £150-200 for a tyre.A 

i think i've read that the nissan space saver is around £200 from dealers.

i've never used or had a car with a space saver. is it true they are limited to speed/distance?A  we are planning on driving from southwales to orkney in july, i don't want to get a puncture on m4 and be stuck at 50 mph the rest of the way.

as we need to book ferries, visits to tyre shops to fix a gunk filled tyre may cost us the holiday.
[/QUOTE]

They are indeed speed restricted to around 50mph. The £200 as far as I know also incorporates the jack, wheel brace etc etc. it hi k the most expensive part is the actual rubber at around £95 (included in the £200)
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Thanks Korky.we'll be looking at getting a full size and the jack etc. for peace of mind.
tekna cvt mag red
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Had a chat with our Sales Guy end of last week and he actually confirmed one of my unanswered questions. He stated that a Emergency Spare Wheel will be now available at a cost of a‚¬190 but then the rest of the Kit is required. The No. I got from the Stores Guy was #40300-JD077with a T145/90R16 Tyre. It appears that this is the same Parts as used on the earlier J10 models.
This Spec I got seems to tie up with what I found on the UK web Glyn Hopkins see below for all parts :
http://glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk/prod ... QQ11SPSVKT

http://glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk/prod ... re_CST17QQ
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Whoops, Sorry I think I placed this under the wrong Subject ! Incidently I did not mention that the "Blow Up" System Repair Parts and the Styropor Packing under the false Floor have to be removed - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Dave here in UK the price is £199 UK pounds for the full kit including wheel brace jack and the polysterene insulation pack
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Donkey, thanks for the pricing info', parts appear to be cheaper back home I think I will have to move back. I'll bring this price up with my Dealer - Thanks Again Dave