Ntec+ 17" or 18" Alloys

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
QQ1234

Post by QQ1234 »

Im currently looking to purchase a new QQ. I have decided on the ntec+ 1.6 DIG-t
Im just not sure if I should choose 17" or 18" alloys. I believe either size can be chosen free of charge.

Am I correct in thinking that new tyres for the 18" are very expensive?

thanks
QQ 2015 1.6 Dig-T Gun Metal
Mods so far: LED interior lights, Side steps, Spare wheel, PIAA twin horns, Boot entry protector, Vinyl sill protection.

Muiramas

Post by Muiramas »

I understand that the latest specs are that the ntec now gets 18" wheels and the tekna now has 19" which is an inch bump from the previous revision.
you can have whatever wheels you want from the catalogue and if you negotiate hard enough they shouldn't cost you anything.

In terms of tyre price, yes, 18" rubber is slightly more expensive, but the 17" is not exactly cheap either.

A 17" wheel should give you a slightly softer more comfortable ride.
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

When I bought my n-tec DIG-T 115 (1.2L petrol) last November, it had the Euro V engine fitted and the CO2 emissions were 129 g/km with the standard fit 18" diamond cut alloys. This meant my vehicle tax was free for the first year. I've just renewed my vehicle tax at a cost of £110.

The n-tec model had just been released when I ordered it last year and I asked how much the tyres were. The dealer estimated them to cost approximately £160 each. I found the ride quality to be on a par with the 17" tyres on the Acenta I test drove. I've also been in the Tekna with 19" alloys and that seemed a harsher ride.

Now that Nissan use the Euro VI engine in the Qashaqi, the CO2 emissions have increased to 133 g/km on the 1.2L petrol version and it no longer qualifies for free vehicle tax in its first year. The vehicle tax is therefore £130 from when you buy it. Although, if you opt for 17" alloys on the 1.2L petrol, the CO2 emissions drop back down to 129 g/km.

On the model you're looking at buying, the DIG-T 163, the CO2 emissions are 138 g/km whichever size alloy you choose and you'll have to pay vehicle tax of £130 when you buy the Qashqai. See the table below from the Nissan's website:

QQ CO2.png