qashqai ride quality

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

What do you mean "not as composed". Is it a jittery ride or poor suspension control? Poor handling perhaps?
I've owned and run between 20 and 30 cars over 40 years and the Qashqai is one of four I currently run. Its ride, handling and refinement is one of the best for a car of its type that I've ever owned. Of them all, including several VW and Audi's [including a recent Q7], several small and family hatchbacks, many 'luxury' SUV's and a Jaguar XK8, I can honestly say that only the XK8 stands above the Qashqai for suspension overall. The Range Rover Mk3 was OK but let down by road noise and body roll. Both it and the Q7 had air suspension and the body control of the Q7 was good but it was harsher at slow speeds and again the road noise was bad.

Some French cars have a nice ride but are a bit soft for me and I've never owned one. The Ford Focus is very good but only equals the Qashqai in my opinion.

So the Qash must be up there with the best. It just must be. What cars have a better ride? A BMW 5 series perhaps? Not in my experience. Tyres and suspension too hard in my experience, but very good at speed on the motorway.

Summerjunk

Post by Summerjunk »

Don't get me wrong on the whole I find it a very comfortable car. It handles very well and most of the time my daughter is in the car so I don't push it's limits, it's just that I expect any minor bump to be isolated to the suspension and not intrude into the cabin whereas. Potholes/large bumps no problems. Large crack/ripple in the tarmac goes through the suspension and hits the dashboard, why is that happening on 60 profile tyres?! It's really annoying because otherwise I love driving it.