qashqai ride quality

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
arnison

Post by arnison »

hi , why is the latest generation qashqai ride quality , so inferior to the previous generation , it was so smooth and controlled , now all you experience is a choppy , pitched ride , whatever the setting on the computer , surely a step back equipping the case with a live axle , the electronics cannot compensate

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Can't comment on the previous suspension but there is nothing wrong with the current one. The electronics don't affect the suspension at all, only the pitch and roll when cornering harshly at speed...active trace control. To be honest I find the ride quite refined, even on 19inch low profiles.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

We have had our QQ now for nearly one year and I must admit I have no reason to complain on the ride at all. We also have the Tekna with 19" Wheels and despite what has been said have found the QQ to be extremely comfortable on the straight and cornering. We have just got back from a 180 Kms trip on a Concrete (lots of Joins / Strips) German Autobahn 4up and up to 160 Kms/h and this was very smooth. The passenger was a German Police Officer and he commented on how smooth the ride was compared to the vehicles he drives and his private MB Estate. Obviously opinions vary from one to another - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

I have not had any problems with ride, I have a 4wd Tekna. i thought the car did use the brakes to help with pitching over bumps.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

Drivability problems often are related to a bad choice of tires or tire pressure.I rather like the way the QQ behaves., but that's just me and a "few" others ;)
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Sorry, but I have to agree with "Arnison', a "choppy pitched
ride' is exactly how I would describe the experience of the new QQ on certain
road surfaces. I even insisted on having the 19 inch wheels on my brand new 1.6
DiG-T Tekna replaced with 18 inch after many comments about possible
improvement in comfort with 18 inch wheels. I am comparing the ride directly
with the experience of driving a 2004, 2 Litre Mondeo Ghia X for many years,
which has a much smoother and controlled ride. The Mondeo was also quieter at
speeds above about 50 MPH and also has a much nicer and lighter clutch pedal. I had initially put the "pitched' ride
experience down to the fact that the QQ has a shorter wheel base and a higher "centre
of gravity' than the Mondeo, but Arnison would suggest otherwise if the
previous generation QQ was better in this respect. On the positive side, there
is a surprising lack of roll when cornering, and the ride is obviously good
on smooth roads. Individual pot holes and bumps are catered for well, but it's
just that certain road surfaces generate the unrefined "choppy ride' experiencea€¦and the
Mondeo did not?
R
omegadeep

Post by omegadeep »

I have the N tec + with 18 inch wheels. I do find the tyres on this car pick up a lot of road noise on some surfaces, excessive tyre noise enters the cabin in particular with poor open tarmac surfaces mixed with stone chippings, but I have no experience with the current tyre fit, only Michelin on my Renault, which was very peaceful inside. As for ride, well I find it good and totally acceptable.
A car is just a set of four wheels and four seats to enable one to travel from a to b. all other perceptions are individual illusions of the thought process.
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

I find the Qashqai very quiet and refined. The suspension is comfortable and 'just right' on the 18" wheels. Road noise is low compared to most rivals and very quiet compared to my previous BMW X5, Range Rover and Audi Q7. This at less than half the current price of these upmarket vehicles. On a more contemporary comparison with my 2013 Honda CRV, the Qashqai is the more refined in terms of engine noise but they are about equal [and very good"]] on tyre and wind noise.Irrespective of price and position in the car market, I find the Qashqai to be very acceptable.
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

regarding the raod noise read this: http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... 2592.htmlI manaed to find the right material: Maclean soundisolation open foam structure. look at the vent under the rearlight.http://postimg.org/image/79rhdmgrd/this vent: http://postimg.org/image/qzzz9m1hl/Two options: remove the rearbumber and block the sound from wheel to vent or do what i did put some extra soundisolation over the vents. The isolation material should block sound but passes air.

QQ0132015-07-13 12:22:59
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Interesting, QQ013, thanks. I test drove a 1.2 petrol and thought the soundproofing pretty good. In the absence of a 1.6dCi Qashqai I went out in an X-trail with the same engine and thought the road roar much worse from the rear of the vehicle. When (or if) my QQ finally arrives and I feel that some extra soundproofing is required, I will look into the open foam solution.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic