Spare Tyre / Gunk / Jack etc

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Dikkytikka

Post by Dikkytikka »

Thank you Dave. Apologies for asking again a question that has probably been well covered already. I know my luck will never let me have a blow out in daytime just a few hundred yards from a Kwik Fit. It'll be on a wet and windy night when all emergency services are busy on a motorway somewhere so sacrificing a bit of space for the reassurance of being able to get back on the road again is a good eal to me.

Acenta

Post by Acenta »

As some will remember we did not actually buy a Qashqai, got a Note but the spare tyre/gunk situation is exactly the same for both (and our Seat Leon).This is what I have done with both the Leon and the Note.Visit a site called MyTyres who sell complete full size steel wheel and tyres both as sets and single items. The tyres and wheel for each car cost me £70 and the jack another £10 form a local supplier. The wheel fits in the underfloor well in the Note perfectly.No bike tyre, no gunk, no waiting for AA. All for a lot less than Nissan want. Seat wanted £300 for a space saver accessory kit.
Summerjunk

Post by Summerjunk »

Not sure whether it's been covered but just thought I'd add that the Nissan Recovery does cover flats as I found out yesterday when my Mrs trashed the alloy and tyre avoiding an ambulance. Only problem being was that none of the local fitters stocked the conti eco 5 tyre so I had it recovered to home so I could find the tyre myself. What a mission :(
BWA

Post by BWA »

Acenta wrote:As some will remember we did not actually buy a Qashqai, got a Note but the spare tyre/gunk situation is exactly the same for both (and our Seat Leon).This is what I have done with both the Leon and the Note.Visit a site called MyTyres who sell complete full size steel wheel and tyres both as sets and single items. The tyres and wheel for each car cost me £70 and the jack another £10 form a local supplier. The wheel fits in the underfloor well in the Note perfectly.No bike tyre, no gunk, no waiting for AA. All for a lot less than Nissan want. Seat wanted £300 for a space saver accessory kit.

Acenta what a great spot, thanks for sharing. I can get a Pirelli all season tyre on a 16" wheel plus it has the all tyre pressure indication system on for £130. They don't have a 19" wheel so I presume the 16" would be good enough as a temp until main tyre repaired or replaced?
65 plate Tekna 1.5 DCI with panoramic roof, magnetic red, space saver spare wheel kit
BWA

Post by BWA »

As an aside, I've read that the space saver with padding kit fits under the false floor. Does anybody know if a full size spare would also sit under?
65 plate Tekna 1.5 DCI with panoramic roof, magnetic red, space saver spare wheel kit
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

Gonna get my space saver wheel kit next week. Got a price of 350 CHF a bit more compared to the prices I've seen on this thread but i guess it comes from being in Switzerland :-) . Surprising thing was the dealer I bought the car from quoted 560 CHF !!!

Have 2 questions here - Has anyone who've fixed the space saver experienced any drop in gas mileage after the fit? Apparently, this is the reason I got from a Nissan rep last motor show as to why they provide the gunk instead of a spare wheel. This plus, it contributes to increase in CO2 emissions.

Is it necessary to have the rear wheels at laden pressure due to the added weight of the spare?

BTW, thanks to Dave for the pictures of the boot, got me confident to go in for this also having had a burst tyre, this is a no-brainer.
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Drop in mpg will be negligible and no need to increase rear tyre pressures. The differences are so small you'll not be able to monitor it. It only makes a difference to the manufacturers when they are having their new models graded for emissions etc. If they can claim lower emissions and tax brackets tgen its a big selling point.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

ThreeSixty, this might be a misunderstanding but why are you asking about mpg ?. From what I have read and understood when I purchased our so called "Space Saver Wheel" is that it is an Emergency Wheel for "Temporary Use Only" and just to be used as a "Get you Home or to a Tyre Dealer" and not to be driven on continuously and not to be driven above 80 Km/h or am I screwed up ? - Dave :o

This is the Kit I have which is as follows :

Emergency Wheel Nissan Qashqai J11 “J11RAD”

1. Qashqai (J10 / J11 Space Saver Tyre (CST17QQ) : Art Nr. 03505940000
Continental 145/90 R16 Radial 106M Tubeless „Temporary Use Only“ / 80 km/h Warning Label – 40353-9F500
2. Emergency Steel Wheel / 16" Space Saver Spare Wheel – 40300-JD077 (145x90x16)
3. Emergency Wheel - Spacer Piece (Left) 84979-4EA0A / Spacer Piece (Right) 84977-4EA0A
4. Qashqai (J11E) Space Saver Wheel Kit (QQ11SPSVKT :
Clamp – 74810-JY00A / Wheel Brace – 99545-4EA0A / Jack - 9955EY20A / Jack Handle – 99552-EY10A / Tool Bag* - 9950450Y0
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just a Tip, but probably too late as I also thought about this after getting our QQ. You paid for the Continental Compressor & Gunk Set through the Dealer as part of the Std. QQ Package so in theory these parts are yours. I know it defeats the object when you buy a Space Saver Kit but I asked for the parts and got them, probably never to be used but what the hell at least they are there as a backup if ever needed - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
barryT

Post by barryT »

Hi all, I've just got my QQ 2015 1.2 petrol and the first thing I did was to get the spare wheel, jack, wheel brace and foam packer.
The 16" steel rim supplied has a continental tyre fitted, this is the seller's blurb:

This genuine Nissan space saver wheel kit is suitable for the new Nissan Qashqai J11E models only. A 16" wheel rim is used in conjunction with a 145/90 R16 tyre, included. The tyre size stated keeps the rolling radius as per original specification. In the case of a Qashqai with 17, 18" or 19" wheels, the space saver is within the required tolerance of the original full size wheel and tyre combination. The speed is restricted to 50mph when the space saver is installed and should only be used as a get home alternative.

It fits in my wheel well nicely, but does raise the floor height by about 35mm, hope this helps
2015 Qashqai Petrol 1.2 DIG-T Tekna (J11) Magnetic Red