Spare Tyre / Gunk / Jack etc

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

DaveBerlin wrote:ThreeSixty, this might be a misunderstanding but why are you asking about mpg ?. From what I have read and understood when I purchased our so called "Space Saver Wheel" is that it is an Emergency Wheel for "Temporary Use Only" and just to be used as a "Get you Home or to a Tyre Dealer" and not to be driven on continuously and not to be driven above 80 Km/h or am I screwed up ? - Dave :o

This is the Kit I have which is as follows :

Emergency Wheel Nissan Qashqai J11 “J11RAD”

1. Qashqai (J10 / J11 Space Saver Tyre (CST17QQ) : Art Nr. 03505940000
Continental 145/90 R16 Radial 106M Tubeless „Temporary Use Only“ / 80 km/h Warning Label – 40353-9F500
2. Emergency Steel Wheel / 16" Space Saver Spare Wheel – 40300-JD077 (145x90x16)
3. Emergency Wheel - Spacer Piece (Left) 84979-4EA0A / Spacer Piece (Right) 84977-4EA0A
4. Qashqai (J11E) Space Saver Wheel Kit (QQ11SPSVKT :
Clamp – 74810-JY00A / Wheel Brace – 99545-4EA0A / Jack - 9955EY20A / Jack Handle – 99552-EY10A / Tool Bag* - 9950450Y0
Hello Dave, I was referring to the added weight of the spare wheel in the boot. Thanks again for the part numbers.

On a different note, with Nissan having all the parts for the spare kit clearly shows (other manufacturers as well) the cost-cutting & revenue generating scheme of substituting a spare.
I wish consumers could put back pressure on manufacturers to make this part of the standard kit.
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.

Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

For anyone in the UK wanting the full set have a look on eBay. I just got the full package for £165 which is still a lot more than most manufacturers charge but after having 2 punctures in 8 months I just didn't want to take the risk of getting stranded and having to wait for the breakdown service to come.

The good news is that although you do loose some height in the boot space (as mentioned above) you do get some space inside the spare wheel. I am going to get some padding and put the compressor in there. I suppose I could use a rain jacket, sun hat and any other thing I would have had in the lower boot space as padding :)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Langstrom, it is surprising what you can get in the middle of the wheel space when correctly laid out (pic showing space) - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Danny

Post by Danny »

Lanstrom wrote:For anyone in the UK wanting the full set have a look on eBay.
Link? Are all the SS-Spare tyres the same for QQ? regardless of Trim? Or will I need to look for Ntec + version?
2016 - 1.2 Xtronic - N-tec + - Blade Silver
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Mine is the Tekna so they are all the same. This is the one I went for. I made them an offer ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-NISSA ... SwqYBWoNzk
Danny

Post by Danny »

thanks!
2016 - 1.2 Xtronic - N-tec + - Blade Silver
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Langstorm, I am not sure if you noticed but your Kit comes from a Co. Called "S.G.Petch" who for interest also supply a range of accessories for the QQ - Dave ;)

www.sgpetchaccessories.co.uk
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

Got my spare tyre kit finally this week, is a relief now knowing that I wont have to buy a new tyre in case of a puncture. I checked what is the recommended pressure for the spare tyre & was told 4.5 bar. Searched forum, but could'nt find an answer. Could anybody confirm the value?

DaveBerlin, thanks again for the pics of the kit in the boot along with the part numbers, was a good reference point. Although my kit is missing the 80kmph sticker.
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.