Chrome Cover for the locking Nut?

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
ebe163

Post by ebe163 »

Has anyone ever managed to get a chrome cap for the locking nut on a 19" 2015 Tekna wheel. It's seems pretty simple to replace the black covers on the 4 other bolts, but not had any luck finding something that fits the lock nut?Ian
2015 1.6 DIG-T 163 QQ Tekna Pearl White /Premium Pack Chrome /Style Pack Chrome/Cross Over Pack Front & Rear in Pearlescent White/Mirrors Chromed/Bonnet Struts/Wind Deflector Set/Illuminated Side Styling Bars

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Ian, take a look at "Chassis, Wheels & Tyres" / Locking Wheel Nuts on Tekna". This was a Topic based on Nuts and there was a website but only for Black but this might help you - Take a look Dave
I know you can get them as we had these on our Audi A6 Avant, these were Silver but Chrome is another question ?

Here was the comment & information :
"It helps indeed, thank you. My Tekna came with black wheel nut covers, so the locking wheel nut (silver) is more visible when used.
I did some research and most of the nut caps sold on internet are 17mm or 19mm diameter,which is not enough.
However I was able to find one cap designed especially for Skoda locking nuts. I have asked the supplier and he said that diameter is 22mm.
Not sure whether it will fit".

Here is the page translated via google translate for convenience.

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Hi Dave, that tweezer looking gizmo , Is that included in the Tool kit in the car ? as I want to get one. Peter
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Peter, this "Gizmo" was part of the Audi Kit, it was basically a springy piece of plastic with a couple of protruding teeth that dropped behind the Cap Edge and you just applied pressure and pulled it off. Now regarding the QQ I would assume it is a similiar piece of gear but I am unsure as the Dealer now does all our Wheel Changes. It is a good point and needs to be questioned - Sorry Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

This is a type I bought years ago, fitted my previous Skoda and should be ok with the QQ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-Citro ... 417eb8f565
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jon, that looks like a "Must" for the Toolbox especially if you have a puncture and it is a DIY Job. I checked the QQ there is nothing and I must admit I never even thought of this in an emergency case, looks like I will have to dig deep again into my pocket - Dave
JimF

Post by JimF »

Peterthe tweezers are located where the spare wheel should be in the polystyrene container. the polystyrene is black and so are the tweezers, so easily missed.
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Thanks JimF I will check it out tomorrow. Peter
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Thanks Jonceebee, I will keep looking . I may even try a Peugeot dealer, I have have near me. Peter
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Had a look at my tool kit and found the tweezers to remove the black plastic cover on the wheel nuts. It looks pretty flimsy and not very solid, will look at getting a better one. Peter