TPMS Malfunction

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Hi, I just changed from winter tires to summer tires today (inc. rimms) and suddenly TPMS started malfunctioning. I've checked the user manual and it states the TPMS sensors should be replaced at tire change, but I didnt change the tires, off the rims so they are intact as before (I had 4x spare rims).What can be the problem ?
We beg for trouble, we get trouble.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

You do have TPMS valves on both sets of wheels, dont you?
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Good question (gmdadday) - you do not change the TPMS Valves when you change from winter to summer, or at least not if you are sensible. You have one complete set of winter tyres complete with wheels and TPMS valves and another set for the summer.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Sorry for late reply. Apparently the tires were fitted with TPMS, but for some unknown reason in the first try they didnt communicate with the processing unit. Later on, this morning it came online and working. thanksNote: As we are so north (Scandinavia), all cars here are sold with 2 sets of tires (and rims). So the rims are actually Nissan's original rims and are fitted with TPMS sensors.
wiseguy2015-05-27 15:01:33
We beg for trouble, we get trouble.