Replacement wheel bolts

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes

Post by 298 »

Having just rotated the wheels at 10k (don't know why the dealer didn't do this before as it looks like the fronts have already been resprayed inside to cover up some dirt... ), I can't say I'm too impressed with the plastic nut covers or the locking wheel nut.

Has anyone changed the bolts outright for something like this to give the look of five identical bolts...:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151408005962?redirect=mobile
2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium in Gunmetal Grey.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

298, to be honest after having 3 Nissans now with Alloys and the Std Nissan Wheel Bolts / Locking Nuts / Chrome Plastic Caps I have never had a need to change these even after the Wheels being changed (Summer / Winter) by Nissan and Independent Workshops.
If the Wheels are cleaned regularly and the Chrome Caps removed and polished from Time to Time there should be no problem. Naturally Nissan Replacement Parts cost : Locking Nuts #KE40989946 (4x) = 34,20 / Wheel Bolt Caps #402654EA1A Chrome 3,20 each (costs in Pounds / Glyn Hopkins).
What you are assessing will undoubtly do the Job at a reasonable price, correct thread size M12 x 1,5, steel hopefully OK and they look like they are surface treated, so providing they do not corrode all should be well - hopefully it works for you Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken