19 wheels problems?

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

I've never had low profile tyres before and have been reading on what to expect with the 19" tyres on the tekna. by most accounts it should be a harsher ride, but the test drive in the limited edition 1.6 was smoother than my scenic.I can't see an option to change wheel size apart from 'Down grading' to 18 or 17" and that'll cost £1500 or so.do I need to worry about this wheel size? (apart from the cost of a new set)thanks.
tekna cvt mag red

andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

no replies? i know, i'll start a rant on every topic i can find 'cos that worked for the other guy! nobody got views on 19" wheels?
andrewjoseph2014-02-16 17:41:32
tekna cvt mag red
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Hi Andrew, in the past i have driven on 19" wheels and the ride was unforgiving you could feel every bump in the road, I also took a test drive in a 1.6 QP with the 19" she was very smooth, i think it may have something to do with the new suspension and the way that it applies the brakes very slightly on the bumps and lumps. personally I would keep your dosh and stay with the big rims.
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

thanks Cliff, i've just read a review on another QQ forum by someone who had similar concerns. they feel the 19" wheels and tyres are not an issue in this respect, so your reply as well has soothed my worries somewhat.until i come to need new tyres!
tekna cvt mag red
Crayven

Post by Crayven »

Hi, just to ease your fears a little,

I have the 19" on my 2014 tekna and the ride is fine
Kevintstirling

Post by Kevintstirling »

Have driven nearly 1000 miles in a new generation 1.5 tekna qashqai and can confirm that the 19 inch tyres give a a great smooth ride no problem!!!!
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

thanks for the replies.anyone got preferences for tyres? i know it's early days, not due to get the car until june. but the cost of tyres is much more than i am used to.i can't find many all weather tyres, and nothing under £150.
tekna cvt mag red
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I have to agree that it's not an issue at all. I've not done many miles in mine yet but it's a very nice ride and I've had no problems.My only comment would be that, versus my last car, you hear a lot of the debris hitting the wheel arches but then again there has been a lot of grit and dirt all over the road of late.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014