16 steel wheels

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
davej
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by davej »

Dave Berlin, Thank you for the detailed reply with the specification of the wheels, which seems straightforward. What I am concerned about is that on the tyre leader website they list two wheels for the QQ 1,6, one for a 1,6l and one for a 1,6 dci, which are a slightly different price but according to you and others should be exactly the same spec, ie 6,5J x16" Offset 40 studs =5 and stud pitch 114. So in theory it doesn't matter, which I buy as long as the the spec is as above.Does anybody know if the 4x4 +2 fits the standard wheels for definite ie they have one and have fitted 16" Steel wheels to the above spec? I know wheels are around as my Nissan dealer will supply but at £75 ea compared to £34 ea for wheels from Tyreleader. What I may try is to order just one, check it fits and then order the rest when I am sure. Many thanks
DJ

jstallan

Post by jstallan »

I know it's a different car, but I purchased new Steel wheels for the winter for our Yaris from TyreLeader. Ordered 2 just to see what they were like - fine, very good, so ordered the remaining 2. I also had to source different wheel nuts as the standard Yaris ones were of the chrome sleeved type - managed to pick up some from a german company on Ebay for about £11 delivered.
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
davej
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by davej »

This sounds great, I think I will go ahead and order just one from tyreleader and as the official ones via a Nissan dealer are £75 ea I don't think I can go wrong at £34 for just one and then if its all OK can get the tyres and the other 3 to match. What I will do is email tyre leader to make sure the spec ie offset etc is correct first. Many thanks Dave J
DJ
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

Unfortunately I had consumed a few bottles of wine when I placed my second order with tyreleader and 14" rims arrived instead of 15" rims.... I didn't realise until I was at the tyre fitter, very embarrassing !
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

for info-New Michelin / dual competence claimed:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/safety/ ... s-in-snow/
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
vikingred

Post by vikingred »

Not convinced with these so-called 'All Year Tyres', although for UK climate they may well be ok. I live in Norway and switch to winter tyres on 1st November every year and back to summer tyres by 1st May. The compounds for both types of tyre are very different and the one time I tried all year tyres, I felt that they performed badly in the winter months and also in summer when wet.It is a pain switching wheels twice a year, but is actually law here. I guess it's all about what makes you feel most safe. Everything costs a fortune here and my Qashqai 19'' winter wheels plus tyres cost me £2,600 in UK money....