16 steel wheels

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
davej
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by davej »

I am struggling to exactly find 4 steel wheels that fit my 2012 QQ 1,6dci +2 4x4. At a sensibly price ie not through a Nissan dealer.None of my usual discount tyre suppliers will guarantee that the steel 16" wheels that fit a standard QQ, will fit my +2. Does any know if the wheel specification will be the same? My plan is to fit winter tyres on all 4 and then use one of them in the summer as the spare. Someone out there must have been through the lop, Anybody from Germany, as the two suppliers I have tried are German? Many thanks Dave J
DJ

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

daveJ, after ordering our QQJ11 in April last year I thought about using our Winter 17" Alloys from our Juke Tekna but at that time the Platin Co. and Nissan would not accept these as there was no T£V Certificate at that time for the new QQ. So I started looking into wheels like you. What I done was to put some data together please see attached, hopefully it might help you find what you need - Dave

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

Have you looked at the Tyreleader website ? I used them to sort out our Yaris for the winter. Great service and good prices. You can buy either tyres or wheels or together as a package.
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
Nottsnurse

Post by Nottsnurse »

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/ seems to have a good selection.
davej

Post by davej »

Hi Dave Berlin and others, thank you for these great replies. I have been in touch with tyreleader, who don't do then for the +2and my tyres.co.uk do. However, my tyres. co.uk don't list the QQ+2 on the website for their steel wheels and in an email can't say if they will fit the +2. That's why I asked if a set of wheels from a standard QQ are the same as a +2. Does anybody know if they are the same? DaveBerlin, Where did you obtain your wheels from as I am more than happy to source my wheels from Germany? In fact in July I will be going to Hannover to visit friends so could even collect them if they don't ship to the UK.I think tyreleader do standard QQ wheels for about £33 ea, which is great if they would fit my +2. Nissan clear do them and I have had a price so I know they are made. Any pointers would be very useful Somewhere must be a QQ +2 owner who is using 16" steel wheels with 215 65 R16 winter tyres on. Many thanks Davej
DJ
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Davej, I think you are worrying too much. I cannot see that even Nissan would think about producing wheels just for the +2 QQ. If you read the document I am sure that it states that Nissan have a Std Size Wheel Fixing - Bolt Size Fixing, Dia or Pitch, Wheel Centre Boss Location etc, so in theory your +2 is not an odd ball. When I have entered +2 to search Websites it did not Show up even Tyreleader. In my mind the +2 is basicly a stretch QQ version and mechanical parts are the same - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Davej, this is what I found on "Tyreleader" see attached there is no mention of the +2 at all. All wheels on all stated models are called up as 6,5 x 16"http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/steel-wheel ... qashqai/On my data it states that when this terminology is stated for Nissan it means the following : "five on one fourteen" (5 holes x 114,3) metric or "five on four point five (5 holes x 4,5") Inch with the centre bore of 66,1mm Dia.Hope again this helps Dave
davej

Post by davej »

Thank you all for this information.However, how do I identify exactly which of the tyreleader wheels I should order for my vehicle,its a March 2012 QQ+2 1,6 dci 4X4 and I want 16" steels and then fit 215 x 65 R16 winter tyres? They seem to offer many different wheels at slightly different prices, how do I select the correct ones? My engine is I think an R9M J10 engine Thanks VM Dave
DJ
davej

Post by davej »

Hi again. I have had another look at the tyreleader website and they definitely offer two possible 16" steel wheels for my QQ+2, one that is for a QQ 1,6i and one that is for a 1,6 dci. Now my car is a 2012 4x4 1,6 dci QQ. I just cant understand if they are not different than why do tyreleader offer the two different wheels at a slightly different price? Perhaps DaveBerlin can come back to me. Where and what steels wheels do you Dave use on your QQ? Any advice gratefully accepted Dave J
DJ
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

DaveJ, our Winter Wheels were Part of the Deal when ordered through our Nissan Dealer. I think you will find that the Terminology is as follows :
Rim Dia 6,5J x 16" / Offset 40 / No of Studs = 5 / Stud Pitch 114
The Tyres are : Goodyear Ultragrip 8 (M&S) 215/65 R16 98T
I am sure if you go to a reputable Tyre Dealer and ask or look even on the Web you will get what you want - Dave