Tekna Tyres

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Levans1105

Post by Levans1105 »

Hi all!
Im new to the forum but wanted to gain some information from other owners as to their expectations firstly on the tyre wear on the Tekna wheels and what people have been experiencing.
Iv just been made aware that im down to 4mm after 8500 miles which I don't think is acceptable for a car of this value and mileage. The response from Nissan so far is to have them measures again and take photos....im struggling to understand how a photo will help.
I don't seem to be the only person with this issue,but has anyone else reported it to Nissan? If so how did u get on?
Thanks in advance!! Louise

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Perhaps all those with issue should post a Tweet re issue, including tyre pic, as their Social Media team will like to get such Tweets off air/ resolved.https://twitter.com/Nissan and the tyre manufacturer as a cchttps://twitter.com/ContiUK
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Levans1105

Post by Levans1105 »

Prior to being in here I have seen owners with similar issues stating so on Nissan Facebook page,but nissan simply refer you to customer services.
We need more owners with such issues to report to Nissan for something to be done.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

How is this an issue? Some people do a lot of A/B road driving, where as others do a lot of A/M way driving. Some have aggressive driving styles, some had laid back driving styles. You also have to accept that the QQ is a heavy car, on soft tyres. To be honest, with my driving style, 10-15k is about right for soft tyres!! Geez, at one point in my old Primera and 200sx, I was lucky to get 3000 out of them haha!Granted, some peoples issues could be related to an alignment issue in which case a dealer should be able to sort this out. In addition, you need to ensure that your tyre pressures are good. Don't rely on the in car display as sometimes it can be wrong. In addition, there is a thread about tyres going on here already, in which you have posted the same thing:http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... page1.html I don't see the need for another thread?!
SplanK2015-04-08 08:01:10
Levans1105

Post by Levans1105 »

Thanks for your comments. You may find this with your driving style, but personally I don't think it's acceptable. Logic says on a heavy car, don't put fast wearing tyres. Yes, we all want a good ride and as little road noise as possible, but surely we don't want to be replacing tyres quicker than necessary.
I fail to understand why Nissan have changed to a sport tyre on the new model qashqai where as the outgoing model had continental premium tyres in which have good wear on them,rather than fast wearing that we have now.
The purpose of my thread was to see how people had got on after contacting Nissan, as Im aware some owners have.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Nissan were probably able to strike a deal to get these tyres at a bulk rate, or maybe at the time they were the only ones making suitable tyre and have kept with them. Don't forget that the 19" rims take an odd size tyre (Nissan always have, and always will be!), if you look on the other thread, there are very few manuf's that make this size and rating so Nissan, and Conti seem to make the size/spec in sport contact 5 range. I don't know of any other tyre that could have stopped me as quick as mine did the other day on emergency brake. I will admit, my attention was drawn away and I didn't see a van had stopped in front of me. By the time I had noticed, the car had anchored on and stopped me from 30 to 0 in a space I didn't think was possible! I am certainty thinking twice about going for a cheaper/less grippe tyre. I don't see what Nissan would do, if the tyre is wearing evenly across the tread then it shows that the alignment/pressure is fine and that there cant be an issue other than fast wearing style of tyre fitted to the rims.
Levans1105

Post by Levans1105 »

Can't agree more with regards to stopping etc,and I can't fault the Qashqai and the spec I have. My issue is the choice on tyre isn't really suitable for such car. Yes they need to be a certain size I understand that,but to choose such a soft tyre for a heavy car isn't the best of decisions in my eyes.
Once again thanks for your comments.
alain57

Post by alain57 »

I was expecting continental or michelin tyres and was surprised to have dunlop :/ I bought once some dunlop tyres and was terribly disappointed by the danger when rainingluckily the nissan reacts good even when rainingBut still, if I needed to buy tyres it would be michelin :/ beside that the seller told me that nissan has michelin OR continental tyres, so i was really disappointed to see a cheaper brand.I can understand that there may be some stock issues, but still... when buying a tekna model, you expect to have, well... so when i see people with connect edition (who cost less) with better tyres ... i'm like WTF is nissan doing ???
Levans1105

Post by Levans1105 »

I am supprised to hear that you have had a lower brand such as Dunlop on your QQ, this is very unusual for Nissan! Have you discussed it with your dealer?
It could be possible that they swap tyres from a Tekna Demo they are running on to yours so you can have a premium brand tyre. As long as they are running the same model there shouldn't be an issue with this unless you have done several miles etc.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I don't see Dunlop as a lesser brand. They get excellent test results and have their winter tyres on from October to March. They worked very well, excellent grip, quiet and good wear. I will consider them when it comes time to change the Cont's. I think Berlin Dave has them fitted as OE and was happy with them.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze