Tekna Tyres

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Monty

Post by Monty »

I have Continental ContiSportContact5, 225/45 R19W on my new car. Must say that the tread depth from NEW is not great...so may be a contributing factor to longevity. I got about 70,000 km from the first set of tyres on my Renault Megane (the chief mechanic could not believe it!) which indicates my driving style. Will be interesting to see what I get on the QQ. Re the alloys, love the look but paranoid about possible damage and why did Nissan switch to low-profile tyres on a Crossover car?
Mk2 QQ, 1.6 dCi Acenta CVT + Techno Pack + Heated Leather Seats

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Some interesting tyre price comparisons here. http://www.tyrecomp.co.uk/car-tyres/225-45-r19.htm Perhaps we should start a pinned thread for tyre replacement so members can add comments, prices etc. as they are changed. It looks like some of us with 12 month plus cars will soon be looking to repleca nd advice from others
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
BatterBits

Post by BatterBits »

For the budget conscious, there are some cheaper tyres appearing now:http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Car-Wheels-Ty ... =225+45+19
BatterBits2015-04-23 12:00:01
Regards,

Ian
--
1.5dCi Tekna in Ink blue fitted with Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit
sulky_uk

Post by sulky_uk »

just a liitle thought, my 2014 juke ntec was sold last week when i picked up my QQ and it had 10000m on it, i got new tyres at 8245m as the front tyres which were consport contact 225/45/18 were down to the legal limits, i never wheel spinned and didnt thrash it either, couldnt understand. neither could the dealer when i showed him the kwik fit tyre report/receipt as proof
2015 Qashqai 1.5 dci tekna in bronze, but without the panoramic roof
jet

Post by jet »

A bit surprised to see my 1.5 dCi on 19" Bridgestone, as I was expecting either Conti or Dunlop. Curious to see how they fare
1.5 dCi MT Premium