Qashqai Jack

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
LudLum

Post by LudLum »

Live in a country where we have to change tires to winter/summer season tires. Yesterday I started the job to change to summer tires, 19". Went first to the local car accessories store to get a jack since its not included with my Nissan Qashqai 2015 tekna.Bought a cheap one, but supportet 2.5 tons and 355 mm lift.Rigged the car in place and put the jack under the car and started to lift the car. But the jack dident lift the car high enough so had to go back to the store and buy a larger jack (510mm lift). That did the job.Then to the question; I am wondering of buying the spare wheel pack with jack. What type of jack is this? How high does it lift the car? Does it fit in the trunk/spare wheel space? The jack i had to buy weights alot and is BIG. (need 2 people to lift it).
LudLum2015-04-07 09:26:26

Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Have a look in your driver's manual for details of the jack.Personally I've just bought this from Screwfix and it worked fine jacking up my Ford Ranger while I swapped wheels front to back. Has two folding axle stands included. It comes in a small case that easily fits in a corner of the boot. Might even fit in the underfloor area.http://www.screwfix.com/p/hilka-pro-cra ... -kit/66742

Quacker2015-04-07 09:56:20
LudLum

Post by LudLum »

It is exactly that one i used first, and it dident lift the car high enough...
Deleted User 1571

That's odd, because if it lifts a Ford Ranger pickup, which it does, you should be able to lift the Qash. Perhaps you were lifting at the sills and letting the wheels droop on the springs, like the original scissor jack would? I would find a point underneath on the suspension anchors or pivots.Quacker2015-04-07 10:01:15
LudLum

Post by LudLum »

The jack does lift it, but not high enough to get the 19" tires on... (Can remove the winter tires that are abit smaller then the 19", but cant put on the 19" cause the car is not high enough from the ground).
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Has anyone bought the spacesaver kit from Glyn Hopkins? Does the jack that is included in that pack lift the car sufficiently? By which I mean, when the scissor jack is extended enough to lift the wheel off the ground, is the jack stable enough to do a roadside swap or is it a bit wobbly?I've had a scissor jack that came with a previous car that when wound up high enough didn't feel as if it was solid enough to safely change a wheel. Fortunately I never had to as I called roadside assistance I'm now a bit wary of scissor jacks but thinking of getting the Gly Hopkins kit.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
teknaken

Post by teknaken »

[quote="Beardyman"]Has anyone bought the spacesaver kit from Glyn Hopkins? Does the jack that is included in that pack lift the car sufficiently? By which I mean, when the scissor jack is extended enough to lift the wheel off the ground, is the jack stable enough to do a roadside swap or is it a bit wobbly?I've had a scissor jack that came with a previous car that when wound up high enough didn't feel as if it was solid enough to safely change a wheel. Fortunately I never had to as I called roadside assistance I'm now a bit wary of scissor jacks but thinking of getting the Gly Hopkins kit.[/QUOTE]I purchased the spacesaver kit from Glyn Hopkins but have not has cause to use it yet.I would like the answer to Beardman's question too.
2019 1.3 Tekna Dig-T 160 (Automatic)
2014 1.6 dCi Tekna CVT Bronze Metallic - delivered 9/7/14
Deleted User 1571

I hate scissor jacks with a passion. While they may be safe if used properly and on a firm level surface with chocks under a planted wheel, I do not trust them.If you are a member of a motoring organisation, which everyone in the UK with the new model is because it is a standard part of the purchasing deal, and I have family membership of the RAC [which I've never used"]] anyway for any car in which we are even passengers, then the best bet is to get the recovery company out to change to the spacesaver [if you have one"]] or get you home if it comes to it. It is good to be self-reliant though, if you can.
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Quacker, couldn't agree more. That will be my plan. Just interested to know if the jack is any use or not.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014