Splash shield come loose

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
phmilesc

Post by phmilesc »

Hi All.My Tekna had its first service yesterday (minor) on my Nissan service plan. No issues until today. On the commute home tonight I detected a new noise , which was only discernible at slow speeds. I was shocked to find the shield under the engine was touching the ground and bent over on front drivers corner. On closer inspection I noticed it was only secure in the front middle. The fixings from the right side where missing too, but had not collapsed . I'll ring the garage tomorrow. I'm suspicious it was not secured properly. The question is would it be loosened or removed as part of a minor service which includes an oil change.Interesting the noise did not sound like scraping on the ground like you would expect. It sounded like wind rushing through vents or a powerful fan being turned on or off to me. I even checked my air con settings a couple of times before stopping.Would appreciate any knowledgeable comments.Cheers.
Gone but not forgotton- Nissan QQ Tekna 2016 Gun metal +FS Spare - Hood Protector.

duncho

Post by duncho »

No comment - Nissan authorized "PROFESSIONALS"
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
phmilesc

Post by phmilesc »

Follow up - Garage have agreed its their doing and parts are now on order. Damaged part secured.Happy that they didn't quibble.
Gone but not forgotton- Nissan QQ Tekna 2016 Gun metal +FS Spare - Hood Protector.