new wheels for winter tyres

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
davej
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by davej »

Hi. I am just about to collect a march 2012 Tekna 4x4, which has standard fit 18" wheels and of course no spare. I wish to source 4 wheels to fit winter tyres on and then use one of them as a spare. The wheels I think I need would be 16", 6 1/2 J, could I use the 16" 0nes that are sold on the base model QQ petrol or buy a set of Juke 16"wheels from the internet. I think then the tyres I need would be 215 65 R16, which I can check on an information plate on the vehicle. I presume that many of you have done this. Many thanks Davej
DJ

Dieselwheasel

Post by Dieselwheasel »

That's exactly what I did, I bought a set of wheels from a guy who had an older model Qashqai. These were 16 and I had 215 x 65 x 16 winter tyres fitted and it works fine. You will have your tyre pressure monitor light come on unless you fit sensors into them. I have checked with my insurer on where I stand legally and I haven't fitted them this time however I will be having them fitted next year just for peace of mind
Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna Ink Blue, Born 31/1/15 Bonnet hood, sill guards but I want more
davej
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by davej »

Hi Thank you for that reply. Could anybody answer my question about Juke wheels and specifically if they would fit my 2012 QQ +2. Are the hubs/ calipers different on the +2 rather than the standard model. Do you use alloy wheels from an older QQ or were they the steel wheels that appear to be on the base model QQ 1,2 petrol. When I saw the car it didn't appear to have a tyre monitoring system, certainly didn't have the strange valve caps. Many thanks Davej
DJ
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

I purchased some 17" Juke wheels and they fir my 2014 QQ without any problems. I don't think the offset was spot on, but they have been on the car for 8k miles with any problems.