steering sounds

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Mine doing similar. 1.5dci Tekna 10 months old. It started two weeks ago. Only happening intermittently. Not really a squeek, nor is it a grinding noise....it sounds more like a gentle squelching noise. Only sound I can liken it to is an old worn shock absorber being gently compressed and released. Hope you get what im trying to express.gvmdaddy2015-02-28 11:45:45

rongil

Post by rongil »

Join the club. Anyone know what Nissan are doing about this?
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

rongil, read the post of 20th Feb by duncho. Determine which noise it is then speak to your dealer about it, unless it is something you can rectify easily yourself.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Our car was booked in today to have the steering noise/ suspension mounts looked at but dealer rang to sat they had a bulletin in from Nissan about this. Nissan are working on a kit to be retro fitted to solve the problem and our dealer will let me know as soon as this is made available to them so Nissan are working on the issue.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

F1Bob, hope that's correct and not just 'bs' from a lazy dealership.
Grocer Jack

Post by Grocer Jack »

Had mine in the dealers yesterday for first service and to sort out the stearing squeek along with a couple of other jobs. When I collected the car I was told that the mechanic could not identfy any problem and had never heard of previous issues with the QQ steering noises - I pointed the dealership in the direction of this forum. As I left the car park I heard that reasuring squeek once again! Hey ho
Quashqai 1.6dci Acenta vis tronic pearl black - DOB March 2014 -- Previous Quashqai 1.5dci Acenta (2010)
rongil

Post by rongil »

My dealer confirms that Nissan are working on.a Solution
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

[quote="gvmdaddy"]F1Bob, hope that's correct and not just 'bs' from a lazy dealership.[/QUOTE]
No problems with my dealer as I have used them for years and they are first class so I have no doubt the info is correct.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

F1 Bob wrote:Our car was booked in today to have the steering noise/ suspension mounts looked at but dealer rang to sat they had a bulletin in from Nissan about this. Nissan are working on a kit to be retro fitted to solve the problem and our dealer will let me know as soon as this is made available to them so Nissan are working on the issue.
Hello, has anyone had this retro-fitted on your car and has the noise disappeared once & for all? The noise seems to arise in mine when driving through wet snow.
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

ThreeSixty, I think that you read my answer on another Post today with all the Facts there but you are still asking ! Take a look at these attachments if it is easier. Again I have had the new Part Installed by Nissan and the noise has gone ! - Dave

http://qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... 846#p36410
Today I quoted this :
"Cameronw89, I can possibly answer the Steering one as we have just had ours modified with new Nissan Parts under Guarantee. If you take a look at "Main Qashqai Discussion" / "Steering Squeak when it's cold" you will find the comments, a sketch and Nissan Part Nos to rectify your problem - obviously if it is the same problem, but the problem does seem to exist with others owners also - this may help you Dave"

http://qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... =30#p36040
Here are the Facts :
"Just got back from our Nissan Dealer and had the New Seat-Rubber Front Spring Parts #54034-4AE1A installed in as mentioned before 2 hours working time. Noise has gone and the Service Guy mentioned that the part was a modified version with a steel ring added at the top, but unfortunately I did not get to see the part. So that is it another minor problem corrected under Guarantee - Dave"
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken