2014 Qashqai - Winter Tyres

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Gel -
But do they guarantee using it will not make puncture unrepairable Obviously not and I doubt you will find many, if any, specific guarantees anywhere, never mind the User Manual. I think I say elsewhere that you take such claims with a pinch of salt. That, of course, does not take away the fact that Nissan do endorse their Puncture Kit.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Continental make the repair kit- could they have a vested interest in tyres not getting repaired BUT replaced
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Acenta

Post by Acenta »

Its always been a fact that after using the repair gunge tyres are repairable. But some tyre shops have claimed they are not so as to sell you a new tyre. They simply cannot be bothered to clean the gunge out. I have read that gunge will damage a TPMS valve but I would hope that manufacturer supplied gunge will be TPMS friendly.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="Acenta"]
Its always been a fact that after using the repair gunge tyres are repairable. But some tyre shops have claimed they are not so as to sell you a new tyre. They simply cannot be bothered to clean the gunge out. I have read that gunge will damage a TPMS valve but I would hope that manufacturer supplied gunge will be TPMS friendly.[/QUOTE]That of course is what the QQ Manual says, it clearly states that their 'gunge' will not cause damage to the TPMS valves - if nothing else that would surely cause the Nissan Dealer to play ball. I have every confidence in my local tyre fitter as for the Kwik-Fits of this world, maybe. To be fair my experiences in the past have all been good and even Kwik-Fit have repaired a tyre and usually without charge if only a bung was needed - that's good marketing.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

My dealer always does my tires. They are set up for this and offer a good range of tyres at competitive prices, and I have a comeback if there should ever be a problem.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Atilas

Post by Atilas »

Hello there,I read through all the posts and only once I see that someone wrote that you can use alu wheels from older model j10 on our new model j11. this is the model of care I would buy wheels from : Nissan Qashqai Modell J 10 /C/C06 year 2012I have 3 questions:1.Can someone confirm me that it will fit for sure,since I would like to order them online now2.Will the driving be more comfortable with R16 instead of R18 wheels?3. I would then fit them with TPMS from hear if that is good: LINKhttp://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/1-Pcs- ... .htmlthanx
NISSAN Qashqai 1,6 dCi N-tec, X-tronic
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

On those TPMS I'd check if ok for Europe. USA Uses different section of radio spectrum to Eu, + ones you're looking at don't list the QQ.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

Answers below:1. I have some Juke wheels on for my Winters and they fit without any problem2. Probably, just make sure the overall tyre diameter is the same so it doesn't cause issues with the speedo/odometer3. Don't know, I didn't bother with TMPS.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Sean, ref your comment on not bothering with TPMS Valves. Here it is definitely a failure during a T£V (MOT), if they do not Function or if you get stopped for a Road Side Check you get a ticket. I think you will find that equipment installed as Std. Equipment has to always now Function. OK if your MOT falls later out of the Winter Time you would probably get away with it, but as you know "S _ _ _ Happens" - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

Will bear that in mind, but MOT's will be due in May and I probably won't have the car by the time the 1st one comes around.Agree, poo does happen sometimes