Continental Tyres

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Stevethegreatgolfer wrote:Try and find someone who stocks a cheaper tyre. Nightmare. I am giving the car back in a few months so wont put too many miles on and I am going to have stick Contis on again at £180 a corner.
Why not order the Nexens?? ~£100 a corner (before fitting)

D1eam

Post by D1eam »

Agreed we need better tyres. I'm at 9500 with 3mm left on front. Back seem ok though I tried National Tyres but they wonted 230 per tyre. So going to search around I must say my independent supplier often gets me good prices on major manufacturers so watch this space. 19" low profiles will always be expensive unfortunatly . I hate it when my colegues say their tyres were £65 but then they drive a KA yuck
D1eam a little dream of me 😉
1.2 xtronic Tekna gunmetal grey picked up June 26 2015
Deleted User 759

Well ive done a a reasonable amount of miles on 4x Nexens SU1'snow and please to report they dont appear to be ditch finders and hold the road well, even under stamping on the brakes. I am also quite a convert to ordering my tyres online and just taking them to get them fitted elsewhere.

19" low are not always costly, its the particular profile that the QQ needs, infact, Nissan seem to select odd sized profiles for most of their cars! Its not popular so most places dont hold a lot of stock, and are run in smaller batches hence the cost.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

A useful benchmark site for tyre prices:
http://www.asdatyres.co.uk/225-45-19
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

Just a general question to those who have moved away from Continentals - does the original TPMS when fixed on the new non-Conti tyres work seamlessly?
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

ThreeSixty wrote:Just a general question to those who have moved away from Continentals - does the original TPMS when fixed on the new non-Conti tyres work seamlessly?
No problems when I moved the front 2 to Nexens.
Deleted User 759

TPMS are sensors built around the valve, not the tyre so you can fit any tyre. You can also swap the wheels around, and the car will figure itself out the new positions after a couple of miles.

The only time you may need an additional tool is when TPMS sensors are replaced, but I don't think we have anybody on here yet who has had them replaced yet.
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

The TPMS is proving to be a pain for me. Had the winter tyres changed to summer(original) wheels and expected to have everything working in order. They took time to register and finally showed the pressures. But suddenly yesterday, the warning light came on and no more pressure readings. I find this quite annoying especially this being the factory supplied wheels,tyres and TPMS. :( :!:
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

ThreeSixty, we live in the Land where most people have two Sets of Wheels, Tyres, TPMS Valves etc and our QQ has had 4 Wheel Changes (NOT Tyres) and there has never been a problem with the Nissan Parts. Could it be the Tyre Changing affecting the Valves (damage for example). We had our Tekna 19" Wheels stuck back on last week and on driving away the TPMS Display came on and then went, no problems after the reset - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

DaveBerlin wrote:ThreeSixty, we live in the Land where most people have two Sets of Wheels, Tyres, TPMS Valves etc and our QQ has had 4 Wheel Changes (NOT Tyres) and there has never been a problem with the Nissan Parts. Could it be the Tyre Changing affecting the Valves (damage for example). We had our Tekna 19" Wheels stuck back on last week and on driving away the TPMS Display came on and then went, no problems after the reset - Dave ;)
Thanks Dave for the reply. Did you mean the temperature calibration in the settings menu? I have not been able to locate the reset option. Thanks.