Continental Tyres

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

What were the findings regarding depth, my first service at 8.5k miles showed 6mm on three and 5mm on the other, it will be interesting to see what I get when down to the minimum
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

Levans1105

Post by Levans1105 »

Well mine has done 8500....fronts down to 4mm tears on 6mm!! Nissan are saying needs to go back to dealer but the dealer only measured them on Thursday so not sure what that will achieve.
Levans1105

Post by Levans1105 »

Do you not think replacing your tyres at such low mileage is right? I dont! I would think tyres would be lasting 20,000. Iv reported such issue to Nissan and your should too. These tyres are not suitable for the qashqai and are wearing fast on several owners...rather than accepting it's ok you should raise it.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

[quote="Levans1105"]]Well mine has done 8500....fronts down to 4mm tears on 6mm!! Nissan are saying needs to go back to dealer but the dealer only measured them on Thursday so not sure what that will achieve.[/QUOTE]] Snap at measurements, but mine were taken at 11k. I think I could get to 15k taking them to just before the legal limit on the front. Those wear indicators are a bit funny if my tyres are already on them but there is >3mm left! Don't forget, these conti's sport contact 5's are quite sticky, and sticky tyres don't tend to last long. To be fair, I thought anything above 10k without rotation was good [quote="Levans1105"]]Do you not think replacing your tyres at such low mileage is right? I dont! I would think tyres would be lasting 20,000. Iv reported such issue to Nissan and your should too. These tyres are not suitable for the qashqai and are wearing fast on several owners...rather than accepting it's ok you should raise it.[/QUOTE]]
Depends on the car and tyre. Don't forget, the QQ is quite a heavy car, on tyres which are quite soft by design, they have a fair amount of work to do, especially if you are not gentle around bends. It also depends on the type of driving you do. Yes, my dad in his Juke has managed 20k Corrected, 40k! out his Bridgestones, however he more or less sits on a fairly straight motorway/A road for 150 miles per drive, where as I drive between Chorley and Bolton daily mostly on bendy A/B roads filled with pot holes and idiots!
SplanK2015-09-07 22:38:23
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

If the wear is even across the width of the tyre it is just normal wear and it would be worth looking at other tyre makes when replacing. There are any number of online tyre sites and all list the specifics of each tyre.From past experience I have found Michelin wear well but can be noisier. However, they may not make a tyre sized 225/45R19 as yet. I have had good results with Dunlop tyres as well in the past.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

where as I drive between Chorley and Bolton daily mostly on bendy A/B roads filled with pot holes and idiots![/QUOTE]]
Putting idiots in Pot Holes, a great idea, plenty of them around here as well, this could save the government a fortune
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

I've just taken my winter tyres off (Toyo Open Country) and I've driven about 10k on them and I swear there is as much grip on them know as there was 10k miles ago. They are a lot cheaper than the standard Tekna tyres as well
johnboy50

Post by johnboy50 »

£168-£214 for ONE tyre?!!! Hell's teeth, that's awful!
Tyre wear depends entirely on driving style and vehicle usage, so someone else's figures are pretty meaningless. However I'm expecting 15000 or so on fronts and 20000 for rears.
As for tyre make, I'd avoid the cheapest tyres. They may turn out to be excessively noisy or poor in the wet, for instance. You won't know until its too late.
I'm a big fan of Avon tyres. They have always proved to be equal to the original fitment, and substantially cheaper. British made too! Assuming they offer the right size for the vehicle, I'd strongly recommend them.
Incidentally, Michelin are often the most expensive, and not worth the premium.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

I'm normally "light" on tyres but it does look like the Contis are going to struggle to get to 15K miles including rotation front to back.I appreciate these contis are somewhat "soft" but when i've previously managed to get P-zeros (on a diesel passat) to over 30K on the fronts and 40K on the rears it's a bit of a shock about how much they've worn down already.Still at least on mine they are not as expensive as you boys in the 19" club...
Nissan no more...
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I think I have settled on Falkens for my next set. £130 a corner, and I have been happy with them in the past so don't see any reason to change.