Creaky Suspension

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

Hi With the weather getting colder, has anyone else noticed their suspension creaking when going over speed ramps or similar ? I've booked my car in with the dealer and they asked me whether it is front or rear - I said sounds like all 4 corners !!It sounds like dry bushes creaking or something. Makes the car sound about 40 years old. I wonder if it is with all the salt on the road at the moment.Apologies if another thread mentions this already but couldn't find anything.
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna

tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

Nobody ??.............................Mines in tomorrow plus just received recall letter for Towbar / Forward Emergency Braking
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna
glen022

Post by glen022 »

mine seems a little stiffer and harder, but i put it down to the rubber being harder with being cold
duncho

Post by duncho »

Yes there is quite a few cars affected / reported here but under "steering creaking sound" if I'm not wrong. Try to just turn the steering wheel right after you start up the car. You should hear it too.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

Mines just started squeking very badly over ramps and even small changes in road surface. It is very bad and in no way normal. I will see how it goes tomorrow and if needed book it for the dealers. Though I will use a different dealer than where I bought it because they are clowns.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Thought I would re-open this subject as I have had this problem. Had it last year and dealer diagnosed upper front suspension mount as the problem. The car was booked in but then had a call to say Nissan had issued a bulletin and would release a fix in due course so we should wait for this. Well, the weather improved and spring, summer and autumn came and went and I forgot all about it until now.
As the temperature has dropped the noised came back so took the car into the dealer yesterday. There is still no fix from Nissan but the recommendation is to lubricate the mounts which they have done.
My question is this - Does anyone know if Nissan have released a fix and if so, what is it. Seems to me that 10 months is a longtime to get this sorted out.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Neild1701

Post by Neild1701 »

My QQ J10 (2012) has started getting "steering creaking sound" the last few weeks. Almost sounds like a spring is going "bong bong" as I turn the steering column. But in recent days I'm convinced the noise is coming from the passenger side front suspension.

I have the car booked into the dealer next Tuesday for fault finding. Has anybody else had this on the J10 models?

Neil.
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

I have this, got the car from new August 2014 all was fine till winter, the rubber boot for the steering column was squeaking, lubricated and all was fine and still is. But then the O/S top mount started creaking, I know it was that as I got some one to turn the steering wheel whist holding the upper strut mount and I could feel it vibrating in my had as well as hearing it. Any was mentioned it to the dealer and all they wanted to do was "lubricate" it and I wasn't happy with doing that. So as other people have said I thought I'd wait till Nissan have s proper fix. So Spring came and the nicer weather and the problem went away.
Now a few weeks ago the temperature dropped and it was wet also and low-ham behold it come back. Same O/S top mount, so called I my local dealer again and they said they would replace it! Thought perfect! Any way car went in and on the day it did it was doing it really bad! So got the call to pick it up, no noise! Thought brilliant all fixed, next day went over a speed bump and it was creaking like hell but it sounds like it was from the centre of the car like the ARB bushes! Then the same day the O/S top mount started again and then the N/S top mount started as well!!! Now when ever it gets wet/cold both top mounts creak and the other creak from the centre of the car creaks all the time over bumps or speed humps! Wish I hadn't of had it done now! What ever the dealer did they really F"*+#d sumat up! All they can say is bring it in! But that means using my holiday to get it looked at again! I've got Nissan customer services involved to help on this what ever good that will do! I did read on here that there was a modified new top mount and it did have a part number, I did tell the dealer but I was told that part number didn't exist nor that part even existing! So I'm a bit lost now as what to do!
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

So we all seem to have this problem. I have also contacted NCS via email and waiting for their answer. I will post again if anything new develops.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Aanonymoss

Post by Aanonymoss »

We Also have a bad suspension.
Maybe is The vold Wheater? We have -4. To -8 degres.