Spare wheel

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

777HAM, when we ordered ours last year from our Dealer we had to also wait. I believe you will find that this tyre is only manufactured by Continental. Perhaps Glyn Hopkins has had a run on these tyres because of their price. If you need one urgently try calling some Nissan Dealers just quoting Space Saver Tyre #CST17QQ and see what comes up - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Or you could just ring your local/preffered tyre supplier, that's how I got mine, these tyres arn't limited to just Nissan/Qashqai
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
777HAM

Post by 777HAM »

I will give the dealership a couple more days and then call again for an update. I went and ordered a whole kit including the wheel/tyre,jack and the foam blocks.
I will also look around for the tyre on its own as Glyn Hopkins were going to fit it to the rim but I can always get someone else to sort that.
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

I have a friend in the tyre trade and when I was looking to source the tyre about 3-4 weeks ago he said there was a delay in his supply chain of about 5-6 weeks. I opted to go to TyreLeader.co.uk who supplied the tyre for £65 (then I asked my friend to put it on the rim).
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
777HAM

Post by 777HAM »

DaveBerlin has made a good point regarding the tyre valve that I had not thought of on another thread. A question to anybody who has brought the space saver wheel and tyre, what type of valve was fitted? I guess if I had got a full size 19" wheel then a pressure sensor type would be needed but can a standard valve be sufficient for the space saver and would it affect the short period of driving whilst a new tyre is found. When I ordered it at Glyn Hopkins they didn't mention anything either?
Thanks
John
Jhare

Post by Jhare »

You will be fine with a standard valve. It will show up as a fault on the TPMS and as such an MOT failure nowadays. The space saver is only to get you to somewhere to get the full size tyre fixed anyway. Technically, you are committing a construction and use offence by having different tyre sizes on the same axle, but common sense prevails providing you are only using the space saver to get to a tyre centre or dealership for repair.
2014 Tekna 1.2 DIG-T in Magnetic Red
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

You are correct the Spare is classed as an "Emergency" Wheel to get you home / Dealer etc... It is the normal Tyres / Valves that will cost you when "Gunked" Up, Sorry if I confussed you all - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Amsky999

Post by Amsky999 »

I was thinking of ordering the foam spacers, tyre and rim without the jack and brace, then can call RAC to replace tyre if I have a puncture, would save some money, would this work?
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

It will save you a little money by comparison to what you pay for the rest of the kit. But how much is your time worth, perhaps hanging around over an hour for the RAC to arrive. The only time I would call them out for a tyre change would be on a motorway or anywhere else if it is raining or other bad weather situations.Other than that I would prefer to change myself (if safe to do so) and be on my way.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
steevie_b

Post by steevie_b »

Probably a stupid question but is there a problem using space saver spare wheel with 19" Tekna wheels? Or is it OK?