Spare wheel

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I was talking to an AA patrol bloke who was working on a neighbours car who advised me that the Gunk as supplied by manufacturers in 90% of cases does not work and will ruin your tyre. They use a product called slime, but only for a very slow puncture, this is water based and can be easily washed out for repair . For larger holes they use a mushroom type plug which will make a temporary repair up to 500 miles.They are trying a universal type wheel which can fit most cars, but there are only a few patrols who carry these, however he did say that all RAC vehicles carry a spare wheel which they loan you but you have to drive to Kwik Fit tyres for repair and leave it there.A spare wheel kit is still the best solution.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

ameo, you raised a New Topic with the same Name "Spare Wheel" which I answered early this morning, why have you now asked twice on this Topic with the same name ? - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
ameo

Post by ameo »

DaveBerlin sorry I upset you with my double post but I tried to delete I then put in my first post i was wrong I am after help not hassle so once again sorry to upset you I am NEW to all this kind regards.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

ameo, you will not get any hassle from me and I am not upset too Old for that Game once I have popped the Pill I am as quite a mouse. I was just pointing a fact out and you do not need to apologise - just enjoy the Forum Dave ?Y™S
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

Well I've taken the plunge and purchased the spare wheel kit (minus the tyre) from Pentagon http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-N ... ff7f85dand ordered the tyre from TyreLeader (who I've used in the past) http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/c ... 06m-185544 Now I need to sort out this foam malarky.... For those already with the spare wheel , could someone take some pictures of what it should look like ? Thinking of making something up...
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
Montytb4

Post by Montytb4 »

[quote="Grocer Jack"]My dealer allowed me to take the spare and jack out of my tradein QQ once i had checked that the wheel was compatible (had to swap it for the inflation kit). Had to make some slight adjustments to the polystyrene boot filler but fits fand main boot base boards fit fine, just lost a little space from beneath the boards so can't fit the parcel shelf under but I consider that a good trade off for having a spare.[/QUOTE]
Hi, I'm currently awaiting delivery of 1.2 N-Tec Qashqai to replace our 2010 1.6 (petrol) Acenta Qashqai - Hopefully being delivered end of May ...while I'm waiting I've been reading up on the spare wheel situation, after reading some threads on the forums, I see one or two have managed to keep their spare from previous QQ, so I thought I'd sound my dealer out about the possibility of doing this & to my surprise they said that would be fine & I could keep the gunk & pump in the new car as well . Now to sort out the foam spacers, I see some (like Grocer Jack) have also kept the ones from their old QQ & adjusted them to fit, Can someone let me know what adjustments are needed & do they look okay (even though they are below the carpet, they need to look right) or does anyone have a photo or two?cheers
2015 1.2 N-Tec in Bullish Bronze :-) - Moved on!
2018 1.2 N-Connecta in Vivid Blue :D
Grocer Jack

Post by Grocer Jack »

Hi Monty
Sound like you got a good deal if you can keep the gunk and pump! My dealer insited that they would have to keep it to put in my old QQ!
From memory the polystyrene was easy to cut down with a sharp stanly knife, the main sections that had to be cut were at the stepped bulk head to the rear of the back seats. The only cosmetic issue is that the jack is a bit awkward as it is a tight fit under the plastic lip. If you do the swap you will nead the polystyrene unit from the old QQ. Hope this helps
[IMG"]]uploads/1729/image.jpg[/IMG"]]
Quashqai 1.6dci Acenta vis tronic pearl black - DOB March 2014 -- Previous Quashqai 1.5dci Acenta (2010)
Montytb4

Post by Montytb4 »

Thanks for the reply Grocer Jack, I might let them have the gunk & pump as I already have a pump & a can of gunk (another brand) in the current QQI cannot see the image.cheers
2015 1.2 N-Tec in Bullish Bronze :-) - Moved on!
2018 1.2 N-Connecta in Vivid Blue :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

There was a long Topic on this subject when the question arose on the missing spare wheel or Gunk as Splank mentioned - you can also use the "Search" Button.
We had the same problem and sourced our parts as separate items all new through Nissan and then this magic Nissan Kit appeared, which I believe are exactly the same parts as used on the J10 except for the Spacers. Attached is a Doc I put together for our Dealer here in German & English as a Ref for later purposes, so please see attached if this is of interest.
I would strongly recommend buying the Styropor Spacers (ours are from Glyn Hopkins) as they finish the Job of well for the cost involved and with minimium effort - I hope this helps you decide Dave

777HAM

Post by 777HAM »

Not sure if anyone else has had any issues but after 3 weeks I am still waiting for a spare wheel kit from Glyn Hopkins that I ordered. I have been in a couple of times but I get the impression that it's the tyre that their waiting for.
I would of thought there would be loads of space savers at the factory to fit?
I wonder if anyone has heard of delays in getting hold of space savers and tyres?