TPMS RDKS (what I have learnt this week)

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
coeb12

Post by coeb12 »

Many thanks F1 Bob I had wrongly assumed that it was a pre TPMS Juke that you had taken the wheels from... That could well save us a few Euro.
Tekna 1.5dci pearl white ordered 01.09.14 delivered 24.11.14 Thermaclear, auto fold wing mirrors, panoramic roof, spare wheel as standard. After market mud flaps

MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

Nissan service techs will have all the tools to re-programme the TPMS sensors correctly. Nissan like all car manufactures use OEM parts for TPMS sensors.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="MJCQQ"]Nissan service techs will have all the tools to re-programme the TPMS sensors correctly. Nissan like all car manufactures use OEM parts for TPMS sensors.[/QUOTE]I'm fairly confident that there is no need for anyone to reprogram the sensors - they do that themselves usually within a few miles.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

TPMS. Is it just a visual indication as to the pressures, or is there an audible warning of low pressure whilst driving? If there is a warning, then what is the threshold for its activation?
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I recall no beep but display will switch to TPMS if one is down; unsure what threshold it is.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

[quote="PeterL"][quote="MJCQQ"]Nissan service techs will have all the tools to re-programme the TPMS sensors correctly. Nissan like all car manufactures use OEM parts for TPMS sensors.[/QUOTE]I'm fairly confident that there is no need for anyone to reprogram the sensors - they do that themselves usually within a few miles.[/QUOTE]A Nissan tech I spoke to about this said if you get new wheels with new TPMS sensors they will need to be programmed to your car. I assume he is correct but wouldn't bet my life on it. I know if you rotate your tyres to different corners then the TPMS will show errors at first, but will eventually calibrate to your cars OBC.
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

A Nissan tech I spoke to about this said if you get new wheels with new
TPMS sensors they will need to be programmed to your car. I assume he
is correct but wouldn't bet my life on it. When my local garage tried to program them the equipment said they were self programming and within a few minutes of driving, they did.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

He's not correct, not at all,I have just had a new set of Winter tyres fitted with Nissan TPMS to a set of 17" wheels by an independent garage. They work, no calibration no need for any programming and no additional expense. There's a change.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Correct ! That is just what happened to our QQ just over a week ago with Nissan OEM parts - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

[quote="PeterL"]He's not correct, not at all,I have just had a new set of Winter tyres fitted with Nissan TPMS to a set of 17" wheels by an independent garage. They work, no calibration no need for any programming and no additional expense. There's a change.[/QUOTE]
You are correct, the Nissan Tech was full of it I changed my 17" Acenta alloys for 19" ibiscus alloys with tyres and TPMS sensors. The TPMS sensors were calibrated after about 5 miles of driving.
MJCQQ2014-12-17 07:57:48