Snow Chains

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Give me a month and I'll be posting pics of me stranded in the snow having realised that the chains I bought don't fit :p(quick tip - if ever totally stranded and you need to get over a small section, your inner carpets/mats work wonders ;) )M.

Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Quick heads up for people looking for snow socks."Tex Chain" can be bought quite cheap... They are rebranded versions of
the MultiGrip ones from Italy (£60 at hallfords - the manufacturer is the same (agripool)
as is the manual downloadable from multigrip.it once you switch to english)

They can be picked up on eBay for under £20, amazon or £25 or asda for £30. Asda sold them for £10 a pair after the ski season last year.

Tex-Chain Anti-Skid Snow and Ice Wheel Covers- 2 pack | Car Maintenance | ASDA direct

The XXL fits 19" rims as well according to the box. I'm still waiting for my chains...
Spinal2014-11-24 10:59:14
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

Typical! I post it, and they arrive.Chains arrived today. They're 9mm, so aimed at light/occasional use; but also less chance to catch on low-clearance cars.What more to say, they came in a plastic case withe some cheap/nasty gloves (like the ones you get at petrol stations). Will replace them with some proper nitrile gloves, but otherwise look good.This is where i ordered from:http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/M.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Cheers Spinal, I like your 'quick tip' above,