New tyres

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Do you have first hand experience with Kumho tyres? Ok so I've bought them now but maybe some real world opinion would be good.
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)

TC3

Post by TC3 »

Some reviews on herehttp://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Kumho/Ecsta-KU39.htm
TC32014-12-06 14:21:04
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

TC3

Post by TC3 »

Does the Tekna have Conti Contact 5 tyres? If so here is a link to reviews to comparehttp://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Continental/ ... tact-5.htm
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

I had them on my Kuga, no problems
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
Acenta

Post by Acenta »

[quote="chrisnewbold"]Just had to have a new rear tyre fitted to my 2014 qashqai Tekna due to a rogue screw. I noticed they fitted a 92 weight continental tyre as a opposed to the 96W on the other 3 wheels. The guy glossed over this. Should I be bothered?Cheers Chris[/QUOTE]
You should be very bothered.If the tyres fitted are not OEM size, speed and load rating your insurers will have a get out of jail free card should you have an accident. Normally insurance companies will allow you to fit an alternative size (if they didn't how would you fit aftermarket wheels) but the speed and load rating must be the same or higher than the OEM.Take our Micra. Recently needed some new tyres and the originals are 175 60 15 H. As soon as you mention that size the garage knows its a Micra since no other car used that size. No one stocks them and the price is stupid for a 1200cc city car. On the door pillar there is a sticker that lists the pressures and there are 2 sizes, the originals and 175 65 15 H. These are common (fitted to many cars including Mercs and Mini's) and cheaper (still expensive though). Rang insurance and they said fine provided the load and speed ratings were the same or higher. No extra to pay. Didn't stop one local dealer trying to fit T rated which he said were fine despite what Aviva had saidGo back and get it changed. It could cost you £1000's if you have an accident.
asinrute

Post by asinrute »

Just for reference, an in crease in 3db = twice the noise level.Doubling of the volume (loudness) should be sensed as a level difference of +10 dB a?’ acousticians say.Doubling the sound pressure (voltage) corresponds to a measured level change of +6 dB a—?Doubling of sound intensity (acoustic energy) belongs to a calculated level change of +3 dB. +10 dB is the level of twice the perceived volume or twice as loud (loudness) in psychoacoustics a?’ mostly sensed.+6 dB is the level of twice the (RMS) value of voltage respectively sound pressure a?’ mostly measured a—?+3 dB is the level of twice the energy or power respectively intensity a?’ mostly calculated.
asinrute2014-12-06 18:06:40
First ever Nissan and ordered a QQ Tekna 1.6 CVT in Blue Cancelled because of delivery delays
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I believe Kumho are used as OME by Kia and Hyundai so are reasonable but certainly not the best. Noise grip and wear will all be poorer than any of the major brands and as already said the wet breaking will not be as good as the Continental tyres.Most important is that the speed and load ratings are as good or better than the Continentals and accord to Nissan spec. If not you do have a serious problem with insurance and at MOT.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Costco Michelin's on offer from 12 Jan to 1st Feb. Will post offer details later.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Buy 2 tyres and recieve a Costco wholesale voucher for either £10, £30 or £50.
13" to 16" = £10
17" and 18" = £30
19" and above = £50
Buy 4 tyres and recieve vouchers for £30, £70 or £100 based on tyre sizes above.
Not as good as previous offers, but better than a kick in the wotsits.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Called in Costco today just to enquire about prices for tyres to fit 19" wheels. They told me Michelin dont yet supply that size, but they could get Bridgestones for £177, not in stock, only available on special order. Anybody used Bridgestones before?