No spare wheel, no jack

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

[quote="TC3"][quote="supergrover"]But if there's a hole in my bucket dear Liza.... [/QUOTE]
Off topic but Supergrover I think your Fuelly figure is inaccurate ... there is missing info on a few of your fuel ups and besides it is highly unlikely you would be getting such a high mpg compared to the rest of us. Just saying...[/QUOTE]
I agree. Supergrover, if you ignore your last fill up as the mileage is to this date and you you have not yet used this fuel I calculate by adding all previous fill ups, convert to uk gallons and taking the total mileage given on your fuelly page you have averaged 58.53 mpg. My own experience with fuelly is that if you put a fill up in as a top up it does not take account of this and the calculation is wrong. I now put all my fill ups through as normal so that fuelly takes account of them.Having said that, if my calculation is correct you are still doing very well at 58.53 mpg
F1 Bob2014-12-01 15:31:22
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze

supergrover

Post by supergrover »

My main problem with fuelly is that it only works from tankful to tankful, and apart from the first couple of weeks in the month, owing to financial difficulties towards the end of the month I end up just putting in what I can afford, running the range down to sub 20 miles until the morning of payday.

On that basis, I'll remove the fuelly badge from my sig, as I hoped to be able to get it more realistic over time, but in practice it doesn't look likely to happen.

All I know for sure is I'm spending a lot less on fuel than I used to in the before Qashqai days, and I'm happy with it. The Fuel Economy 1 hasn't been reset since new and currently shows 69.80mpg.
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

If you want to discus fuelly why dont you start your own thread insted of jumping in on this one which is about wheels an jacks ???

pistnbroke2014-12-01 21:01:18
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Valid point pistnbroke. I will start a new one to reply to supergrover
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

I test fitted the mitsubishi space saver yesterday using the 2 tonne jack I bought, the origninal jack on my j1o lifted to 390mm the new one 400 but it was only just enough so I think a big block of wood is in order ..only wants a dip in the tarmac where you are jacking and you have a problem.Ialso bought in error a small bottle jack ..useless not enough lift.
land3r

Post by land3r »

[quote="Njpmk"]As a prospective new purchaser, I have followed some of the discussions here closelyThe lack of a spare wheel seems to be the norm on a lot of new cars,however the lack of a jack seems silly.I was talking to a friend who ha just purchased a new vw, and they also come with no spare....(just tha same as Nissan, a bottle of sealant),and no jackWhen he took delivery, he drove home and had a 'play' with his new vehicle, On checking his spare (or lack of!), he noticed the bottle of sealant, and written on said bottle was DO NOT USE with weight of vehicle on the flat tyre(or something along those lines), in other words the vehicle must be jacked up before using.If Nissan or any other manufacturer are not supplying a jack how can this sealant be usedI would be interested if anyone can confirm this[/QUOTE]
Are all brand new QQ bought in UK doesn't have spare tire and Jack supplied? here in Ireland stock 16" spare tire and Jack are included
1.5Dci SVE,Pearlescent Black,Crossover Pack,Premium Pack,Chrome Front Lip Finisher,Chrome Sideview Mirror Trim,Mud Flaps,Wireless DoorSills,Wind Deflectors,Chrome Door Handle Covers,Illumin.Sidebars.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

This article is as good as any at putting the 'facts' up therehttp://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/wheres-spare-wheel/Yes it won't be suitable for all flats/punctures but if you're Mr Average then it'll be just fine and rarely, if ever used. On the odd occasion then you call out the RAC.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

That seems to be the case unless you £specify£ a spare & the foam supports etc.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D