Tekna tyre woes

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Despite having a spare wheel/tyre in the boot. I also carry one of these kitshttp://www.dynaplug.com/Never had to use it, but a belt and braces sort of feeling when on long journeys which I often had to do whilst working
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Lead letter in yesterday's Daily Mail on subject; I thought our breakdown cover was handled by RAC (not AA) who carry emergency wheel that may be fitted??uploads/1026/QQ_Tyres_.pdf
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
cdk1962

Post by cdk1962 »

[quote="jonceebee"]
Despite having a spare wheel/tyre in the boot. I also carry one of these kitshttp://www.dynaplug.com/Never had to use it, but a belt and braces sort of feeling when on long journeys which I often had to do whilst working[/QUOTE]
Jon,Which version did/do you have - this would seem to be an excellent alternative to tyre gunk.Rgds,Colin
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="cdk1962"][quote="jonceebee"]
Despite having a spare wheel/tyre in the boot. I also carry one of these kitshttp://www.dynaplug.com/Never had to use it, but a belt and braces sort of feeling when on long journeys which I often had to do whilst working[/QUOTE]
Jon,Which version did/do you have - this would seem to be an excellent alternative to tyre gunk.Rgds,Colin[/QUOTE]
Hi Colin I bought this basic set for my earlier Yeti, I have not used it yet so it sits in the boot of the QQ at the side of the spare wheelhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dynaplug-Ultralite-T ... 54123c932c ....Jon
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Across the forum there has been mentioned about the use of 'alloygators' and similar products to help protect agaist scuffing the alloy wheels on kerbs and the like.
I know you can have them professionally fitted and also fit them yourself, but what is the position when you go to a garage, dealer or national tyre fitting chain to have a new set of tyre fitted? Will they refit the alloygators when changing the tyres? Does their company policy allow them to do so? Has anyone out there encountered this scenario?Did they refit or not? Who did you use? I dont have them, nor do I want them....just thought id pose the question to hopefully help others.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Refitting of Alloygators:It'd be a piece of pi** for them with all their equipment.Wise to take instruction sheet with you so they follow procedure recommended. uploads/1026/Alloygators_Man_R.pdf Best to check at outset I presume; if they do dream up some reason not to (re) fit,find another tyre supplier- there are enough of them
Gel2015-01-01 18:39:00
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

Seems we all have the same problem. I am also a Tekna owner who had a puncture on the motor way last week 14/01/14. luckily it was repairable if not i would have to wait 6 hours for a tyre to be ordered for me costing me a days wakes and £200. not greqat went to Nissan who have a space saver wheel kit but it will cost £265. Not really happy about this price. Any one out there know of a cheaper solution ? Have seen 16` space saver wheels and tyres on the net for about £110 + wheel brace £10 and a jack £20. Anyone else sourced the parts themselves and sved half the nissan price ??????????????????????
Simmo
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

The genuine parts are going to cost you over £250 but there may be cheaper alternatives if you wanbt something rattling around in your boot.This is what the genuine kit for the Tekna looks like including the foam spacer sets, jack, etc.

jonceebee2015-01-19 11:52:33
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

wow a quick reply thankyou. gues its a premuim job for the £265 price tag. How much could i sell the Gunk kit on..............
Simmo
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

You would probably only get around £15 selling the Gunk on ebay. You are better taking out the existing foam liner kit with Gunk, inflator etc. out and storing in the loft or somewhere, you can then put it all back in when you sell the QQ. Then either keep the new space saver set in case you buy another QQ or sell it on as it will be worth much more than the Gunk set.