Tekna tyre woes

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I love Costco tyresyou simply cant beat them (and the hotdogs as you wait)

rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

[quote="Donkey"]I love Costco tyresyou simply cant beat them (and the hotdogs as you wait)[/QUOTE]
Oh yes!!! To die for!
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

Reading the OP I am glad I bought a space saver spare wheel and all the accessories. Cost £250 and it fits where the foam kit did.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Current ASDA pricing here; believe they partner with Halfords.http://www.asdatyres.co.uk/225-45-19
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

WowMy sons bicycle I kid you not have more expensive tyres than ASDA sellingI know its not a brand but how can they sell a Tekna sized tyre for £115?
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

This was in the paper yesterday. Daily Mail I saw whilst out and about so took a picture of it.
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Keith, sorry to hear of your Tyre Problems ! One of the big Benefits of this Forum is there are a lot of Members with a vast amount of Information and Feedback. When we ordered our Tekna in April I had read several comments on this "Repair Kit" and I then decided to Talk to the Dealer to knock up a complete Spare Wheel Kit from parts. I did have to purchase some parts in the UK ( thanks to Jon), but in the end Nissan came up with a Kit. These tyres are like Gold you just cannot get them.
In the last 6 years I have had one puncture (Screw) and I stuck the spare on. Hope you get it sorted - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

It may be worth carrying a puncture plug kit. I don't think they are legal for long term road use in the UK for some reason but I have never had a problem using these things on various vehicles over decades. It takes about 20 minutes for the cement to cure and off you go. Very easy indeed to apply when the tyre is deflated.No good for large punctures, larger than a four inch nail, and no good for sidewalls. Excellent for getting you home and to a proper puncture repair place that will apply a mushroom patch from the inside, as long as you can identify the puncture location in the first place. If you can't and object to lying on a wet road or drive, or are not practical enough to do the job, use the recovery number on your windscreen and documentation. Only use the supplied gloop on slow punctures in tyres that will likely not be repaired, possibly due to being time to replace anyway.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Quacker, you have a relevant Point here regarding the Plugging. The puncture we had was in fact plugged by a local Garage and it was a Winter Tyre and it was still OK when we sold the Car in August - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Kev1nDonn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Kev1nDonn »

Talking about Plugging http://www.oponeo.ie/tyre-finder/225-45 ... domwAqwFor my fellow Irish based QQ owners. Oponeo sell 19" tyres from a‚¬118 to a‚¬242 each.I have no connection with Oponeo.
Tekna 1.5 dci in Metallic Grey with Full Leather (Black) and Driver Assist Pack.