Clip On Snow Belts

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

There has been a fair amount of info' on Winter Wheels & Tyres on the Forum and obviously a 2nd Set of Wheels costs a lot when you have to purchase new Wheels / Tyres / TPMS Valves etc. Would this therefore be a cheaper alternative for some of you ? - DavePut & Go Universal Car Snow Belts, this kit consists of 10 belts which fit on the two driven wheels either front or rear. They click into place around the tyre and rim using an easy fitting system shown in the video. The belts have rubber projections that stick out and dig into snow and ice and tiny metal studs stick into the tread of the tyre to keep them in place. The claim is they can be used with ABS, Alloys or Steel Wheels, recommendation is a max of 31mph - check first if they are compatible before using them ! But it is stated use on Asphalt should be avoided due to wear, so the question is do they really make sense probably yes for some - most probably a good point for your comments :http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bottari-SpA-680 ... oVdBkPfajg
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

In the UK, in reality the weather is not that bad when it does get bad, its peoples poor attitude and driving behaviour which causes most issues, IE somebody on a hill trying to crawl up and wonder why they get stuck, rather than having a bit of trust in their tyres to go a little faster to keep the momentum going and selecting the right gear and speed for the conditions. Of course, there are places which you may need something like this, such as your house maybe on a slope so slowing down enough to get onto your drive just gets you stuck. I have a friend who is in this situation with a BMW and he decided to buy some snow socks rather than chains, I think they were extremely cheap, around £40 for a pair and are only meant to be used to get yourself out of trouble and not to be used everywhere which is perfect for this country. He said that he could not believe the difference that they made and could not recommend them enough! Unless you live on the top of Snowden, then chains are a little pointless and costly accessory for this country unless you have a specific need for them (IE emergency services trying to get to a very remote part up a country lane....)
SplanK2014-10-10 08:05:05
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

BMW + SNOW = NO GO! To be fair we do live on a hill and fortunately it doesn't snow, and settle, that often. Anyway this year I have jumped and invested in a full set of winter tyres for the QQ. We do get plenty of rain so it seems a sensible thing to do although I fully accept that at just over £900 it's far from a cheap option but I'm hopeful those 19" tyres will last twice as long which will be a bit of a payback.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.