Anyone heard of Sonar tyres?

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Steve McF

Post by Steve McF »

Bought 12 plate Q+2 Acenta from a non Nissan main dealer. and it came with 3 brand new tyres. The forth was what I assume was an original Bridgestone which was worn down a bit.So I thought I might try and get the same tyre as the new ones to replace this aging Bridgestone.However, the brand new tyres are a make called Sonar - which I'm led to believe are made by Nankang. OK, it's a budget tyre, but I thought I'd still try and get the same type.However, I cannot seem to find the same type. On the sidewall it says Sonar Fantastic Drive, 17 inch, but I cannot find these on Blackcircles, MyTyres etc etc. I can find Sonar SP2s, but that is about it.Does anyone know where one can find these elusive "Fantastic Drive" tyres??

Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

I think you need to find the forum for Mk1 QQs. This is meant to be for Mk2s and so unlikely anyone here will be able to help, unless by chance they work for a tyre company.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Steve McF

Post by Steve McF »

Hi Bob,yes had a look at that, but it sounds like a different type of Sonar tyre, on a performance car, in another country and at speeds well in excess of our speed limit!Our Qashqai+2 is a 1.6!! I'm unlikely to do much more than 80mph in it as the engine will be screaming at over 4000rpm!!!!!!I'll reserve judgement on these until we have driven the car in the wet etc.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Yes, that sounds a sensible option to me.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze