AlloyGators issues

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Here, here.And don't forget to retain the spare 5th gator rim supplied, in case fitters chuck :)Inside pack there's small keyring; did you find; it has edge for trimming back gator if scuffed.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

FoxyG

Post by FoxyG »

[quote="Gel"]
Here, here.And don't forget to retain the spare 5th gator rim supplied, in case fitters chuck :)Inside pack there's small keyring; did you find; it has edge for trimming back gator if scuffed.[/QUOTE]Good job you reminded me! Just checked and the 'spare' was in the boot. The trimming tool / keyring was also in there.
July 2014 1.5 DCi Tekna, Pearl Black. Chrome pack,bonnet protector and black Alloy Gators.
john w

Post by john w »

well after 3months of mo trouble my offside gator popped out been back to fitter who refitted it an its come completely out after 20miles phone alloygators who informed me this could be down to tyre shine being applied to wheels to which my answer was why are other wheels ok anyway now got to find time to take back to fitter for third time
john w

Post by john w »

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Seems as well that I never did manage to take the trip down the road to get mine done - just drive carefully instead?
PeterL2014-08-28 21:08:05
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

Hi all,
Since the 14 July when I had to take the car back to where I had them fitted, to have the offside front put back as it was exactly like John W, I've had the rear nearside pop out but not so bad as before. I let the tyre down and hammered it back into position.
I really do believe that the tyre shine has alot to do with the problems I have experienced.
When front and rear Gators popped out you could feel the tyre shine residue on the Gators. Since then I've not been soaking the tyre with the shine and have had no problems since.
When I did get in touch directly with Alloygators, the gentleman stated he had never uheard of this and asked where I had them fitted and said he would sort things out and call me back
Well, I did not get a call from him but just an email telling me to take it back to where I had them fitted.
To be honest with the man from Alloygator, I don't think he wanted to know or get involved.
PS I never received the trimming tool.Toffeeggs2014-08-28 21:19:49
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt
john w

Post by john w »

yer same here was told the had fitted to lot of quashqais and never had problem I've seen 3on here alone oh well se how it gooes when refitted again and tell car wash people not tp use tyre shine watch this space
FoxyG

Post by FoxyG »

Interesting point about the 'tyre shine'. My 'gators' have been on just over a month and during tht time I've used Meguiars Endurance tyre gel three times in total. Just been out to the car and checked and no movement of the 'gator' on any wheel. I've done just over 1200 miles.It looks like it's just the luck of the draw but will post again if I have any problems further down the line.
July 2014 1.5 DCi Tekna, Pearl Black. Chrome pack,bonnet protector and black Alloy Gators.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

[quote="FoxyG"]Interesting point about the 'tyre shine'. My 'gators' have been on just over a month and during tht time I've used Meguiars Endurance tyre gel three times in total. Just been out to the car and checked and no movement of the 'gator' on any wheel. I've done just over 1200 miles.It looks like it's just the luck of the draw but will post again if I have any problems further down the line.[/QUOTE]
I always do visual check after I wash the QQ each time; had to reseat one which was showing too muchgap; easy enough to do yourself.
Gel2014-08-29 12:26:28
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I did read that these are not recommended with diamond cut wheels. Could this be the issue?
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze