Tyre pressure system (TPS)

Frequently Asked Questions

Tyre pressure system (TPS)

Postby Bluesmoggie73 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Hopefully someone can answer my question. I'm new to QQ and having all singing all dancing gadgets, my question is if I need to change a tyre do I have to buy new TPS or is it transferable from tyre to tyre. Also does anyone know the best place to buy a spare tyre (peace of mind) not a fan to gunk in a can.

Thanks
Bluesmoggie73

Re: Tyre pressure system (TPS)

Postby benchmark » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:52 pm

The TPS is attached to the inside of the wheel rim, actually held in place by the valve (so no need to change until it fails).

Car 2015 1.6 DCI QQ Tekna Pearl White AWD + Bike 2015 BMW R1200RT LE
benchmark

Postby DaveBerlin » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:32 pm

As benchmark has stated replacement is not normally required for a Tyre change. A TPMS Valve normally has a life of 5 years or 100,000 miles. Take a look at this attachment that has virtually all the answers - Dave :)

https://www.national.co.uk/information/ ... eplacement
2014 1.2l DIG-T QQ Tekna QAB Pearl White (M)-delivered on 08.14./Premium Pack Chrome /Style Pack Chrome/Cross Over Pack Front & Rear in Pearlescent White/Auto-Fold Mirrors Chromed/Shark Fin Antenna/Bonnet Struts/Innen LED's/White Chrome Side Mouldings
DaveBerlin

Postby Bluesmoggie73 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:38 pm

Cheers Dave and Benchmark thought I had to buy new ones everytime I had to change a tyre.
Bluesmoggie73

Postby scimitargtc » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:50 am

maybe a silly Q but the article states tpms will be tested as at of the vehicles' first mot - its not clear whether that is a check on every mot thereafter??
scimitargtc

Postby DaveBerlin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:32 am

From what I understand is that any equipment that is included in for example the QQ specification when it leaves the Factory just has to work at every MOT or here TÜV or it is a Fail ! - Dave ;)
It does also not make sense to have one TPMS not working for example as this System is deemed a Safety Feature.
2014 1.2l DIG-T QQ Tekna QAB Pearl White (M)-delivered on 08.14./Premium Pack Chrome /Style Pack Chrome/Cross Over Pack Front & Rear in Pearlescent White/Auto-Fold Mirrors Chromed/Shark Fin Antenna/Bonnet Struts/Innen LED's/White Chrome Side Mouldings
DaveBerlin

Return to F.A.Q