FAQ: Auto relock

Frequently Asked Questions
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Maybe the car thinks a door has been opened, or had been opened during the time between unlocking and auto locking.

It will only work if the doors have not been touched

Tony Steele

Post by Tony Steele »

Hi SplanK , thanks, did consider that but was careful not to do anything to the vehicle just closed it ( not locked) making sure before that no windows open etc. And walked away with the ikey.
BWA

Post by BWA »

Tony Steele wrote:Hi SplanK , thanks, did consider that but was careful not to do anything to the vehicle just closed it ( not locked) making sure before that no windows open etc. And walked away with the ikey.
My current Toyota Avensis, not picking up QQ until Wednesday, will only enable auto lock if it's done as part of set cycle, ie if you unlock the car with fob but never open the doors it will auto lock after about 30 seconds. If I actually use the car, ie unlock it, open the doors and then close them it will stay unlocked all day.
65 plate Tekna 1.5 DCI with panoramic roof, magnetic red, space saver spare wheel kit
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

As the last post said you did do something with it. You closed the doors. Only oaks if yo unlock it then Locke. It without opening anything
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
Tony Steele

Post by Tony Steele »

Thanks guys, I'll give that a go, does make sense.
Tony.
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

So if you just get out of the car, close the door but forget to press the button on the handle, or the fob, then the car stays unlocked. Seems a security problem to me. I'd have imagined a failsafe of the car auto locking after a few minutes but hey - could see an insurer loss adjuster rubbing their hands at this.
Leicestershire, UK - 1.5diesel Tekna Pan Roof in Nightshade
BWA

Post by BWA »

Nightshade wrote:So if you just get out of the car, close the door but forget to press the button on the handle, or the fob, then the car stays unlocked. Seems a security problem to me. I'd have imagined a failsafe of the car auto locking after a few minutes but hey - could see an insurer loss adjuster rubbing their hands at this.
Surely though that's a security problem with yourself not the car isn't it? I can't believe anybody would forget to lock their car in this day and age!! The auto lock feature is there to protect against accidental opening with fob in pocket pressing against your wallet for example
65 plate Tekna 1.5 DCI with panoramic roof, magnetic red, space saver spare wheel kit
Tony Steele

Post by Tony Steele »

Hi BWA,
Yes take your point re locking up your car, there are odd occasions you can forget (particularly at my time of life) or get distracted, phone call when taking shopping inside etc and it does slip your mind. My last car ( a Honda CRV) used to lock itself after about 5 mins, when I noticed the option 'If fitted' in the handbook and couldn't seem to replicate it, that's when I started the thread.
The latter part of your reply refers to the Autolock operation, Which I did manage to discover myself through trial and error and is probably I think how it is supposed to operate? But various other threads have suggested Autolock may work more or less the same way as my old Honda?
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

I'm with you Tony - interruptions and brain fade can make you inadvertantly forget. I'm pretty sure my wife's Renault Clio auto locks itself, given the tie-up between the two co's I'm a bit puzzled why the Nissan doesn't tbh.
Leicestershire, UK - 1.5diesel Tekna Pan Roof in Nightshade
Birand
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Birand »

Hi everyone,

Sorry if someone have already replied to this but here is my question.

What if I just get out of the car and don't lock anything in any way. Will it still auto lock after a few minutes? Or will it actually stay unlocked?
I'm sure I'll forget to lock the car every once in a while but if it auto locks then that's good.

Have a great day everyone.

Birand
-Birand

Tekna / Designpack 1.6 - 163HP 2018