FAQ: Self Cleaning Rear View Camera

Frequently Asked Questions
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Where a QQ has been fitted with a rear view camera, it also includes a "wash and blow dry" feature. This ensures systems like Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Warning and Moving Object Detection are fully optimized and is a completely automated system. It uses a tiny water system and compressed air blower to clear the lens. Original discussion thread:http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... iew+Camera

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Is this correct - I recollect BerlinDave suggesting that the 'Wash and Blow-Dry' was only on the Tekna model?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Peter, I did in fact answer another Topic this morning and mentioned this point following tests I carried out at our Dealer - Tekna Only ! - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

I find in the real world that mine is self-cleaning, inasmuch as i have to clean it myself if I want a clear view from the camera.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Would it not be part of the safety pack? I know mine self cleans because I can here the pump go every now and then and there is a water mark in the road salt on the back of the car!
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

I have the Smart Vision pack (if that's what you're referring to) but it doesn't include any cameras! Fitted to the Acenta, it adds front and rear parking sensors, lane departure warning, traffic signal recognition, auto dipping headlights and auto dimming rear view mirror. It's part of the Motability specification for the car (you can't have a QQ without it on a Motability lease) presumably because it reduces insurance premiums and/or adds to the final value of the car.
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack