FAQ: Common issues/opinions

Frequently Asked Questions
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

thanks duncho ..well I bought the 6000 so need to give them a try but can buy some spare 4500 bulbs ...suppose its like arc welding too white/bright for your eyes....

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

DaveBerlin, I do very much the same and it has worked up to now.
In cold or damp conditions drive with the shade open and use the heater, air con appropriately, hitting the recirculation button if particularly misted up inside. Close the shade when parking up, or leave open if in strong winter sunlight. Close when parked overnight and when cloudy. I do get misting on the windows and windscreen, as I have with every vehicle ive had, but not once had misting on the glass roof. I did this with my last car of 14 years and never suffered misting in that either until the seal perished on the electric sunroof allowing moisture in.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Wiper Blades, a very good comment to raise when these are Iced to the Screen there is the posibility of them riping apart when stating on automatic wipe.
Out here does tend to get colder but you do tend to get into a routine (but it is time consuming but safer) :
1. Screen - this can be covered with an Insulated Screen cover (Summer / Winter Type).
2. Park Wipers in the Service Position and lift them of the Screen (make sure you place them back on the screen before starting to prevent possible damage).
3. Use Anti-Ice Spray and Soak to Release the Frozen Blades before starting.
4. Install a Stand Heating System, this is the simplest and easiest method, QQ is clean and warm but it Costs. We transferred ours from the Juke.
5. Just do it the Old Way - Spray / Scrap and Swear ! ?Y??
Dave ?Y?‹
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

My panoramic roof has never been closed since I got the car. No condensation no misting. If the car is hot in summer I put the ear on on. Not noticed the car any hotter than others without glass roof but that's probably just me
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
Kev1nDonn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Kev1nDonn »

'The gun draw has gone..'Reminds me of when I worked in Saudi Arabia. A friend of mine worked at Ford in Riyadh and he told me one of the first things some customers asked was how they could store their shot guns.There was never a question regarding heated seats
Tekna 1.5 dci in Metallic Grey with Full Leather (Black) and Driver Assist Pack.
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

We first had a gun draw for a hand gun on a KIA Sorento 3.5l in Australia ..under the passenger seat which would of course have been the drivers side in the USA ( gun easily accessible between drivers legs) Same feature on the J10 but gone on the J11
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

As a Brit I can only see that as 'progress'.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Could these be of interest ? Just got the Free Lidl Advertising Paper through the door (also sent by email) and next week here there is an offer from Henkel for pads to suck up the condensation. So for this price a‚¬2.99 I will give these a go even though I still have no problem at present - Dave

English Henkel / German Lidl :

http://www.henkel-cee.com/1815_2801_CEE_HTML.htm

http://www.lidl.de/de/henkel-luftentfeu ... ni/p190465
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Qash

Post by Qash »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]Could these be of interest ? Just got the Free Lidl Advertising Paper through the door (also sent by email) and next week here there is an offer from Henkel for pads to suck up the condensation. So for this price a‚¬2.99 I will give these a go even though I still have no problem at present - Dave

English Henkel / German Lidl :

http://www.henkel-cee.com/1815_2801_CEE_HTML.htm

http://www.lidl.de/de/henkel-luftentfeu ... ni/p190465[/QUOTE]
Or you can use some cat litter and socks http://youtu.be/4t4mzMS-ZZ8
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Qash, if I put my socks in the QQ they would suck up and kill everything inside - Dave ?Y??