FAQ: Common issues/opinions

Frequently Asked Questions
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

Practically every post you make on this subject contains hyperbole. I cannot believe for one second, that you, your wife, or indeed anyone else would fail to notice the change in state from lights off, to on. Assuming it's dark to begin with of course. Are they the best lights out there? NoAre they unsuitable for the purpose? NoDo they make the darkness go away sufficiently to drive at night? YesAre they dangerous? NoIf you feel they are not as good as a J10 fair enough and you are of course free to air that opinion here. Just stop with the hyperbole that they are dangerous, worthless and you (and your wife) cannot even tell when they are on.Maybe you and your wife should eat more carrots
MJCQQ2014-12-25 09:20:46

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Stop bickering you two. This is why Splank has closed down threads in the past.
Ok, make a comment either for or against something, then accept that their will be replies either backing up your comments or explaining against them. People need to stop turning things into an arguement or personal. Its only right that on an open forum we are allowed to air both sides of a like or dislike, but laughing at or joking about other peoples perceptions just tuns things into a cat fight.
Merry Christmas to everyone on here, now go and either enjoy your car, or give it a day off.
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

MJCQQ I find your post rude and aggressive..just my opinion based on 40 years working on the elcctrical systems of vehicles in a research capacity . While I consider the output to be poor its more a problem of its direction or lack of direction towards the kirb which is a feature that distinguishes symmmetrical from asymmetrical lights.Having examined the interior of the light unit with my camera probe (8mm dia) I can see clearly the shields preventing light going toward the oncomming driver but no evidence of any sort of rear reflector .
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="pistnbroke"] I find it strange that a j10 is fine and a week later a j11 is terrible....I turn the lights on ..my wife says did you turn the lights on ..??A  I look at the dash indicator and say yes....but please dont argue ..You are happy and now I am happly
[/QUOTE]

You are right, lights suck. LEDs on J11 are also weeker than Xenon on J10. I noticed this on a very first night drive right after I switched the cars. See J10 vs. J11 headlights comparison: http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... 2014-12-25 10:21:25
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

thanks duncho for your pleasant reply..at present I am testing a 55w HIDbulb in the NS unit but its so much whiter (used a 6000 K )than the H9 65w I have in the other side that I think I will have to put the two in. ( and the H9 is whiter and brighter than the H 11)The problem is the lack of light to the left. The HID pattern is the same a the Halogen still with a low proportion of the light to the left. When I get 5 min I will put my probe in the light again and bend back the cable so it can look towards the bulb holder..I really need to take the whole unit out as it seems the bulb holder fitting is removabe and some how rubber mounted...not a job for christmas day ....ha ha I have talked to nissan but they put non technical people on the line and while they are interested and refer your problem "upstairs" when they ring back with a "non reply" its basically ok fk off
pistnbroke2014-12-25 10:22:17
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

[quote="pistnbroke"]MJCQQ I find your post rude and aggressive.[/QUOTE]I don't care.
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

well lets hope the moderator takes that on board.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

OK you Guys please give it a rest ! This is Xmas and time for the Family & Friends so lets stop the Bickering & Aggression it is not needed here it was beginning to die out - Have a Good Xmas and enjoy yourselves and just shut down for the day - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
duncho

Post by duncho »

Dave, thank you and Merry Christmas to all too.

Pistnbroke, thank you for your post, which proves that I'm not alone, unhappy with the lights performance. If I can advise you, use 4200-4500K HID kit. This white light temperature is proved to be the most effective for all weather night driving and "eye friendly". Colder white cause eyestrain. Look at the link I sent you in my previous post. Please make photos of your tests as well.
duncho2014-12-25 13:55:32
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Splank, you have made a comment with regard to condensation on the Panoramic Roof and that it should be closed. When we picked up our QQ we done the rounds with the Sales Guy and one of the points he emphasised was to Keep the Sunroof Blind Open in the Winter. The reason given was the buildups of condensation (mould) on and in the crevices of the roof. When Open this allows the Heat to generate around the whole interior, whereas if the Roof Lining is closed there is an Insulated Area above it - I suppose it does make sense. Now all what he has told us "Tips" have been postive at present as this Guy has been Nissan trained. We have at present been down to -4C and today it is Snowing so I will continue to keep an eye on the situation. a?„i?? Perhaps it would be possible that the Members from the Colder Regions could give us some Feedback ? - Thanks Dave and Have a Nice Day ?Y?‰
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken