FAQ: QQ Battery Information

Frequently Asked Questions
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Whilst I suspect you are correct in part, it must surely be the case that applying the brakes will cause the engine to decelerate?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

If that is the case, then wouldnt the rapid deceleration provide less regenerated charge than slowing down on the engine?
duncho

Post by duncho »

I had to jump start my car today :(
duncho2014-12-21 11:26:16
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="gvmdaddy"]If that is the case, then wouldnt the rapid deceleration provide less regenerated charge than slowing down on the engine? [/QUOTE]Truth is that I don't know the answer to that, but I'd settle for probably.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

It does not do regenerative braking in the accepted sense ..you are being taken in by advertising puff. It does not charge when accelerating but it does charge on the overrunn..its just a computer controlled alternator nothing special ....does it have a freewheel ??? Of course when the battery does not need charging which is most of the time when day light driving it does not charge it anyway but floats it down at 13.2v. and at night everyting is running off the alternator not the battery which is why there is the drive to reduce battery weight as for 99% of the time its a lump of unneccessary junk.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Now does make sense "Advertising Bull***"
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I saw a positive writeup on this Battery Booster in the Autobild this week which costs around a‚¬95 here and wondered if this was of interest a€“ Dave
Kunzer MPB90 Multi-Pocket Booster, White, Li-Io polymer battery with a capacity of 9,000 mAh, Start car or motorbike, Start car or motorbike, Load your mobile phone or tablet, LED lamp, Contain all the necessary adapter cable, Can be used from -20 to + 60 A° C, For semi-professional users.

Amazon English Translation :
http://translate.google.de/translate?hl ... rev=search
Amazon Germany / German :
http://www.amazon.de/Kunzer-MPB90-Multi ... B00PGXSJE0
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

Costs more than a real car battery ...???
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

The battery is basically a lightweight wet zero maintenance version especially designed to work for many more thousands of shallow discharges than normal. Nothing particularly special as far as I can tell. There are no special techniques needed to either jump it from another battery or to charge it. Any standard charger will do the job.For everything you always wanted to know about batteries but were afraid to aska€¦a€¦a€¦http://www.batteryfaq.org
duncho

Post by duncho »

Dave, it is not good idea to buy that "booster". To increase cranking performance, the most efficient is using of supercapacitors.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!