FAQ: Front Fog lights

Frequently Asked Questions
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="Donkey"]Links and pics working for meWell done Duncho btw thats a easy to follow and gotta say why is this a main agent only job? it does seem although restricted access a DIY job[/QUOTE]
You know why, because manufacturer does not share their know-how... Luckily there are service manuals spread between people :)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Just out of interest ill ring Nissan tomorrow and get workshop times and prices for replacement bulbsI accept everyone gotta earn a living but those pics you put up show literaly plastic clips holding the tray, something a novice could undertake with ease if the instructions re removing battery are followedBut thankfully guys like Duncho are exactly what a forum needs to point out hang on a second theres another way
duncho

Post by duncho »

Thank you Donkey for positive reaction on shared information . It is still possible to replace fog lamp bulbs from a car bottom after engine cover is removed, but access is a bit restricted. However, it's definitely not true what some dealership said to one of the forum members that bumper has to be removed when bulbs are about to be replaced
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

Any chance you have a diagram on removing the engine cover duncho? I need to replace the fog light bulbs today, can't believe its such a PITA :(
J11 - QQ 1.6 130 Dci Automagic Tekna, Pearl white, Sept 2014 :D FULL LED upgrade to all interior/exterior lights, china crossover pack, mud-flaps, sill guards and hood deflector
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

As mentioned it's just a "baker's dozen" of plastic clips, but I'm sure duncho can suggest "dos" and "dont's".

engine cover.jpg

Probably best to check that you can get replacements in case you break any during removal!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

Thanks hound!

I need to get me one of those service manuals!
J11 - QQ 1.6 130 Dci Automagic Tekna, Pearl white, Sept 2014 :D FULL LED upgrade to all interior/exterior lights, china crossover pack, mud-flaps, sill guards and hood deflector
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

Replaced mine with LED's this morning, literally 3 screws, manipulate the small plastic panel out of place then its access all the way!

Whole job took me 30 minutes to replace both sides including testing and jacking up the car :)