FAQ: Blind spot / Parking Sensor False Positives

Frequently Asked Questions
conno

Post by conno »

Mine got so bad in wet or dry weather i have just turned off front sensors altogether .

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

[quote="conno"]Mine got so bad in wet or dry weather i have just turned off front sensors altogether .[/QUOTE]I did the same but i was damned if i was going to allow it to be left.It's not like the car is cheap and i wouldn't expect anyone to accept it's just "how it is".So far the service manager has been on my side about the issue.I suspect he's abit fed up with it as well due to the volume of warranty type work / faults that they are having to deal with.
Nissan no more...
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="AlleyCat"][quote="conno"]Mine got so bad in wet or dry weather i have just turned off front sensors altogether .[/QUOTE]I suspect he's abit fed up with it as well due to the volume of warranty type work / faults that they are having to deal with.[/QUOTE]I doubt that as I suspect that is where much of their revenue comes from?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
conno

Post by conno »

I just got fed up with the B/S of the garage like " its the way the rain bounces off the rd that makes them go off" !!
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

[quote="PeterL"][quote="AlleyCat"][quote="conno"]Mine got so bad in wet or dry weather i have just turned off front sensors altogether .[/QUOTE]I suspect he's abit fed up with it as well due to the volume of warranty type work / faults that they are having to deal with.[/QUOTE]I doubt that as I suspect that is where much of their revenue comes from?[/QUOTE]I got the impression, and it was just an impression, that Nissan "technical" are tighter than a ducks butt under water.
Nissan no more...
EvilBoris

Post by EvilBoris »

I wonder if they are just calibrated to be too sensitive, parking sensors all use the same technology so it's unlikely to be any kind of major design fault. If you google "parking sensors rain" you'll see lots of cars have similar issues, so perhaps it's just inherent issue of the technology. Saying that though, I've never had the issue on my Golf.You could try putting some rainex (or similar on them) this might help water and dirt and ice getting on them as much.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I understand that Nissan set a time for all warranty work and pay the dealer on this basis. The time it takes to do the work is often longer than the allowance set by Nissan so it is not profitable. However, good dealers do it with a smile for the customer as they know this is the way to retain happy and loyal clients.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Eddzilla

Post by Eddzilla »

It took my dealership 2 full weeks to swap out my CVT. Too many of these and from what you say, they will be in trouble.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Ref Splank's comment on " Blind Spot Warning" after I had the Auto Door Switch installed this week on returning home in Rain both the LH / RH Amber Lights were Blinking on an Open Two Lane Road (No Traffic). This was the first time this had occured so being a smart a _ _ _ I stopped and ran my Fingers over all - no more errors. Yesterday same problem Rain, cleaned OK, this morning after overnight Rain being Smart I cleaned all before driving off - no errors. So it seems that Rain or Wet Water could be the problem - Dave
What do we do if our glasses, iphones, ipads, camera lenses ..... are Dirty - Clean them !
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken