poor paint quality

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Silverman

Post by Silverman »

I noticed the poor paint finish around the rear hatch just after I bought it. Looks like bits of dust/grit in the paint which you can cratch off with your fingernail to show the primer underneath. Not brilliant but I can live with it but this afternoon when I was cleaning the inside I spotted that you can see the primer through the paint on the inner panel just inside the front door (the bit just to the side of the dash).The robot must have been running out of paint.yet another trip to the dealers to have a photo taken and then hear nothing from there warranty guy.I feel that I now have to say it is the most poorly made car I have ever owned and I have had some bad ones!
SplanK2015-03-08 14:38:40

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Gotta say Nissan not the best painterslook at any older Nissans like the micra at edge of roof around tailgates etc there never was any paint thereThat said the QQ is sold as a premium car mate id go back re that as it goes
keithg2308

Post by keithg2308 »

Really sorry to here of your problems it really takes the shine off having a new car, hopefully your dealer will look after you if not threaten him with trading standards, your local paper and Autoexpress or tell him if you find anymore problems you will reject the car under the sale of goods act and stand outside his dealership with a placard listing the faults with the car this should grab his attention and spur him into action.
keith
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Silverman, photograph the areas, mark the areas, document all the relevant issues and email it to who else but NCS. You should then receive an email back with a Customer Ref No: then you know that Nissan has your complaint and it is in writing they should then normally contact the Dealer, at least that is what happen here.
As keithg2308 mentioned there are several alternatives but these are normally when you end up in a "No Go" situation and believe you me it does induce panic I mentioned "Autobild" in Germany ( Autoexpress") and there was a stunned silence. But this should really be the last resort - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Little or no paint inside the door shuts on front wings etc is normal on many makes of car. I have experienced this on Skoda, Audi, Mini and Nissan. They do not paint these areas and have not done so for years. They claim it is not required as it is not an external surface and not visible from outside the car. The metal is fully protected, just not painted.Some cars seem to have some paint and others none which I guess is down to the set up on the robotic sprayers in the paint shop but I doubt it will be accepted as a manufacturing fault.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Silverman

Post by Silverman »

Thanks for the responses.
The build quality is no where near the standards of a vw or bmw although the customer service is on par (terrible).
I would advise anyone buying the new qq to look at it very carefully on handover before handing over your hard earned cash. As we all know it is far to easy to be so happy that it has turned up that you just want to get in it and drive away.
I was distracted by the number plates falling off and missed lots of things I should have noticed...a ploy by the dealership?
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

No Silverman even a trained QC has obviously missed things so you cant be expected to notice everything under the glamour of a showroom looking finaly at a long awaited car lolJust make a list after couple of days pop back see the dealerBetter to make a list now than having to keep going back after you notice more stuffBuild quality is diffrent from the Germans but ive had enough German cars to know they far from perfect they also miss stuff so dont let it get you downWith cost cutting every car now has a plasic or glued something where a metal something or screw would of been better
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

My QQ paint finish is no different from my previous Yeti or our other Octavia. Skoda do not put anywhere near the same paint inside the door and boot shuts and do not put the clear gloss on either. In fact the inner body wings and under bonnet are finished in a sort of matt black/greyish finish that barely covers the metal. As mentioned earlier it is not required on body treated cars so I would not be too worried unless it is missing from an exterior part ruining the appearance. We seem to be a bunch of nit pickers on here, what is everyone doing at the week ends?, going over the car with a fine toothcomb to find something to complain about, why not get in the car and drive somewhere and enjoy. No car will ever be 100% perfect even if you pay £60k
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
bosley711

Post by bosley711 »

Sorry to hear your problems and frustrations , as Donkey said already - make a list

Jonceebee hit the nail on the head, I have owned many BMW's and Audi's (all cost an arm and a leg)The point is , ALL have had small and some major issues.Nothing is perfect, just really good or bad.Its not of German build, but I knew that when I saved 12 KIn my case, my QQ is nearly perfect Hang in there, it will get sorted
1.5 DCI Tekna in Gun Metal,Illuminated Side Bars, Hood Deflector, Removable Towbar, British Bulldog riding shot gun
magneticred14

Post by magneticred14 »

Mine is almost a year old and, during a post winter good clean, have just noticed that my drivers door sill has had the paint rubbed down to primer by the door seal. Not a good thing to see and something else to add to my "un happy" list during it's first service in 2 weeks time.
Lots of stone chips too on the bonnet that look more like 60,000 miles than 18000.