Donkeys Bronze 1k review

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

My turn, please read this review with tongue in cheek attitude as to the way it was writtenHad the car just over a week now its the 1.5 accenta premiumWhen collecting this car i had very mixed feelings, I wanted the car but at the time there was a lot of negative stuff I was worried aboutI made myself a deal and I would urge anyone to do the same, dont write down a list of things like window switches do not light up etc go drive the car home then try and remember the bad stuffI had a particularly good dealer a guy I will reccomend if asked but wont name.We walked around the car it took what seemed like an hour he sat in the car went through every feature of the car, stuff I wont use but he showed me where it was and how to change it a real cool dealer as it goesAt end he asked me to show him how i would open boot to find a large basket of flowers, a nice touch if i wasnt married and was gay id have bit but nice touchInteriorA lot of thought gone into the layout, you take it for granted but you slot into the car very easily and find everything works even if at first you think the layout wieredIm told im 18stone so im not fat but sort of that way over 6 foot and personaly find the seats very comfortable, Ive sat in rear once and again found seating great over a long journeyThe only fault I can find to balance the review is the cabin shiny stuff does get dusty quick, and driver door has exposed the fact i have elbow dandruff.. seriously i must have dry skin id never noticed until you look at the door panel and its not a big thing but its thereThe interior plastics at boot leval seem to show marks, feet scuff getting in and out on each corner including the outer black plastic on exterior of car, easy to wipe off but again thats the reason why they dont colour code the plastics I imagine, all is fine at moment may look shabby in 3 years thoughExteriorThe colour im mixed over, its brown (well Bronze) i assumed it was lighter than that but it gets comments as it goes and I suppose will stand out in car parkIm growing to love it but not a colour i would re order although we settled with Bronze simply as its impossible to choose a colour they all look greatThe wheels on mine will have to go, they great but i love the Tekna wheels but I will stay with 17" wheels after driving both i find the 17s have the edge on noise and ride comfortDriving itNot going to mention commanding driving position etc you know that from sitting in it but I will say im confused in a nice way what the car wants to beIts happiest i think in town up to 40mph is shockingly goodIn my opinion there was no need other than sales tactic to put 6 speed in this car, a conventional 5 speed box would of been better 1st is a move off gear then from there its sort of hard do you keep foot open ignoring the gear change sign then skip a gear or go with the flow, you do change gears a lot more than would of been needed for a 5 speed but its goodIm showing with 979 miles an avg of 57.8 on the screen this is me driving as it should be 80+ on motorways and a fair bit of in town drivingI have recorded a best MPG of 71.4 and noticed on 3 occasions I have got over 70mpg, if this improves as they say ill be very happyI stated this is happier in town as on motorways although the car sits at 80+ on cruise control and seems to hold tself even on gradients it is asthmatic if you gotta drop a gear and get past something unfortunatelyIf your doing say 70 mph and notice a blonde go past you at 80 then if you let her get couple of car lengths in front and dont have a large gap in the overtaking lane you might wanna just wave her past, mid range the car realy sturggles i suppose as car quick low end and sits at high end there has to be a compromiseTake it on motorways I do but that drop a gear and floor it will get the kids in back making snorts and clucking noisesBut take it through the country lanes and this lumbering oaf of a car is shocking, not a low sprung racing car but will get you through a S bend sure footed and wondering how the hell does it do that, they reportedly downgraded rear suspension compared with old QQ but to me it actualy feels a much better driveThe width of the car seems bigger when you open the doors in Tescos btw and tailgate as said lifts much higher than the old oneTo compare drive my bro in law in hes 63 plate 360 and me left yesterday to go to Skegness seaside, all country lanes a dual carriageway in parts that has lorries and tractors always on it (A47/ A16) the drive that makes you contemplate suicide with kids on run up to Easter)My car showed a avg of 67mpg where the older one did remarkably well and showed 61mpg as it goes but then the older one has worn inNissan connectNow my opinion is its good to be fairYes speakers are not the best but I feel its had a harsh ride myself im not a big bass lover first person to admit that but if you wasnt actualy listening for a fault then you probably wouldnt notice itMy car does not have traffic on the map or speed cameras and I find the womans voice terrible and the pronounciation is the worst ive ever heard like a American reading street names but so far it has got me thereI did do the connect things and cant see any point of it to be honestI only use a USB stick for music and not had any problems in any way with sound going off, it does need prompting whos phone to connect to when wife in car but connecting was easy and it all seems to work with both iphone 4 and iphone 5Overall this is the first car after a week that hasnt given me the dreaded buyers remorse feeling of did i do right thingColour yep wheels yep both those could of been a better choice but they were both my choice after all, I look at the Mokkas and Yetis and now every car seems to be a QQ rival and happy that what I bought exceeds everything else out there for the moneyI think as a family car this is a winner, it may struggle towing a caravan without doubt but normal every day stuff idealIm away on holiday to Spain and didnt hesitate booking this on the ferry and my last car was the XJ 350 jaguar the QQ i do expect comfort and it will tramp on without fuss and certainly save me some beers in fuelNissan may of missed an open goal making a stunning state of art car by skimping but they certainly a long way in front of rivals, the others dont have the spec at QQ prices and nothing ive driven yet gives the economy the QQ does and I dont care how rich you may be thats a big thing with a carSo wheels will be got with the money I saved from buying aftermarket door closers and wing mirror doo dahs neither of these will bother youGo to the dealers when you collect and try and memorize the niggles and as I said see what you can remember when you get home drinking your cuppa as you upload photos, its a realy great car

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Donkey, nice truthful write up no holds barred as usual. The Bronze Color & Wheels look OK to me and I am sure they will grow on you. You can always have the opinion if only I had ....... But just live with it and enjoy yourself.
Incidentally you mentioned you were off to Spain, have you checked what you need to take as I am sure you need 2 Triangles for use on single lane roads in an emergency one in front / one behind which makes sense - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

yep got the triangles and the high viz jackets even the breath testers lolI knew id kick myslef over the wheels I will get on them at some point hoping the aftermarket stylers bring out some new stylesThe Bronze is more bronze as ever than shown in pictures, I do like it to be fair but whatever colour you choose you see another and want thatThe write up was just meant to be as I see things, I honestly have to think back at the niggles that were so dominant just a month ago, theres far more good points that interest me even now to worry about the other stuffThe economy seriously is good, no idea how good it will be but its significant ill say that and im not the kinda guy to sit at 50mph even in a 50mph limit to be fair, the car is impressiveYou can argue if fully loaded it may hesitate up a big hill but then it will still make it without a problem and how often do you do it lol going through the Pyrenesse will show it up but that wind back roof will either cook me or make me smile we will seeI dont work for Nissan so no reason to big them up other than the market is tough there in but the QQ with the current deals are in front so maybe they dont need to realy push them selfs at moment
lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

Certainly looks brown to me Donkey although having said that, Wikipedia thinks bronze is just but one shade of brown viz:-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_%28color%29
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.
korky

Post by korky »

Good bit of truth in the review....can someone point me in direction of all the faults and niggles as when I do collect next week (hopefully) I can have a good look out for.

Donkey the bronze is actually growing on me as well have seen it a couple of times in sunlight and it does look good.

TC3

Post by TC3 »

Good honest review Daz but I do not agree on a few points. I am happy with the car having 6 gears so that it cruises at lower revs at 80 and over. Needing to change gears more often is no different to the 116d we had or even my Honda NC700s bike so I am pretty used to it and think nothing off it. The wheels are a personnel thing and I think they look nice on my gunmetal car but to be honest I dont think they suit the Bronze colour. Maybe because the Bronze hides some of the lines on the car (from looking at pics) and the car needs more exciting wheels....as you are changing them for something more sexy I thought I would be honest I just hit 1100 miles and pretty much agree about seat comfort and fuel economy. Got used to the speakers now so rather than throw money into a sub woofer I would rather spend it on something for the bike I am pretty sure sooner or later the Connect issues some are having and the missing speed cameras or traffic on screen others are having will be sorted as the QQ is selling well and Nissan cant ignore its Connect issues for ever....
TC32014-04-17 16:37:08
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Agrea Tony most small engine cars with 6 speed have same issueIve honestly no idea why they done it other than "they have 6 speed so must we" maybeThe wheels just dont look right in that colour, but I do want to stay with 17s so they will be cheap and comfortableAnyone remember the old 110hp diesels all had 5 speed and trundled along nicely at +80 its my only gripe but I stress its a gripe for the sake of griping and not sounding a 100% QQmanI honestly hope they pull a rabbit out the hat with the connect it can be done via an update it sort of lets the car down a little, the mid range again its not something worth running out and getting a remap it works very very well and as said the comprimise is a clever oneAs for those collecting there cars looking for tips i say this make sure nothing is obviously falling off drive home then ask yourself if anything you need in a car is missing - if you have to think about it then obviously its not that important
mrsV

Post by mrsV »

Just seen the pics and I cant wait to get mine. Ive also ordered bronze and have yet to see a bronze one on the road. Thanks for the pics. It looks fab!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Its a lot nicer in real life MrsV the colour wont come out on camerasWill say this so far ive been stopped and asked the colour many times as it goesBut to me black means hard work cleaning silver is grey and red and bronze are brown lolColours do matter that I agrea but im a old kinda guy colourblind and deaf, bordering on Incontinent and senile
mrsV

Post by mrsV »

Haha. Despite your afflictions, the fact remains that you have one 'swanky' looking car!!!