Donkeys Bronze 1k review

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Gun metal and Ink blue were both chosen by wife n kids as it goes were very close call for meMy colour was influenced when I downgraded original order from Tekna to Premium in the days of the delays saga The gun metal seems to make the car look a lot beefier and masculine (i know its a colour but its true) white is great but expensive and black looks great for the day then you gotta work at it And the best thing of all and something im realy chuffed with and take all the credit me n wife quit smoking last year so we finaly have a non smelly car

DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

I saw the red, white, ink blue, black, nightshade and gun metal and liked the gun metal the most (apart from white) as it stood out more probably because it looked beefier ha ha. Well done giving up smoking I gave up several years ago one of the best choices I ever made.
Ordered QQ 1.6 Tekna CVT in gun metal
AlteredC

Post by AlteredC »

Nice review Donkey - car looks good in the pics.
2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium | Gun Metallic |
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Thanks i didnt go all David Bailey with the pics simply as we now seen the car from every angle and just wanted a colour shotits 10 days old now with 1k on it and as I said many times pleased as punch overall with the car they done a great job In fact working the fuel reciepts and comparing them with other cars I dont think ive ever had a car thats so frugal on fuel
Foxy

Post by Foxy »

Great review enjoyed reading it, carry on enjoying it
tequilla

Post by tequilla »

Thanks Donkey. Some very insightful points made. Keep driving!
Tequilla
bosley711

Post by bosley711 »

Loving the color donkey, saw one today in the sun light, very very nice
1.5 DCI Tekna in Gun Metal,Illuminated Side Bars, Hood Deflector, Removable Towbar, British Bulldog riding shot gun
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Bye bye DonkeymobileIts with sadness today that I no longer own the Bronze/brown Accenta premiumI know hold the paperwork ending the finance and account paid in full It was a great car, in the end it died not because of a fault with the car or the way Donkey abused it but by Nissan EU charging more than Nissan UK wanted to pay The car was left stranded in sunny Spain for 6 weeks after previously tearing the same route twice and accumalated over 18K in miles and was awesomeI dont physicly have the car to do a record pic but have this to remind me what a economical car this was

Donkey2014-10-09 14:46:36
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

hi donkey, what do you meen by nissan eu charging more than nissan uk wanted?
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Oh sorry Blackbox it was a saga on another thread forgot some may of missed itBasicly the car has 3 years breakdown cover and European warranty all the QQs have this in the UKI broke down in Spain and called the RAC who are the main breakdown service used by Nissan who sent out a RACC agentThe car was unrepairable at the time, it had a Key error but put the car into limp modeThe car was recovered to a Spanish Nissan dealer who reported the fault and wanted to investigateNissan UK and Nissan EU argued back and forth over what to investigate so I spoke myself to Nissan UKNissan UK wanted the car repaired in the UK and the RAC refused to recover it back to UK stating terms and conditions they have right to insist on a local repairNissan UK deemed any warranty work be done in UK leaving me a choice to pay the Spanish Nissan dealer and hope I can recover the money (but you only get re-imbursed for warranty repairs if approved in advance) or pay over 1000 Euros for the car to come back to UK then try and claim that off of either the RAC who do state in there terms and conditions they can insist on a local repair or Nissan Uk after all they wanted car homeAfter 5 days of this we flew home left the car there, then found out Nissan do not class key fob errors caused by riding the clutch (there words 3K miles on cruise control) were a valid warranty issue so I was stuffedEventualy Nissan in Spain solved the problem (some early UK RHD cars had a error in the floor insulation cut outs causing the clutch switch to rub and turn the error light on) and the fact I had abandoned my car (5 weeks after the breakdown) repatriation was in my handsMany offensive irate phone calls and letters Nissan now own the car and today im officialy free of the carRead the European warranty and European breakdown carefuly, the large print saying hassle free etc hide the small print of Nissan have to pre approve any warranty work, reserve right to recall the car at owners expence etc and the breakdown cover also states although it will take you home from anywhere in Europe it reserves right to place car in a local dealers pay few days hostel and its train fair home at bestIf you think it bad talking to Nissan UK from England on a free phoen getting fobbed off try doing it from abroad on a mobile and remember the phone cant be charged as you have no car