Caveat emptor

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
phmilesc

Post by phmilesc »

Thanks for the tip. I'll check later. Though the nut has no plastic part or cover.
Gone but not forgotton- Nissan QQ Tekna 2016 Gun metal +FS Spare - Hood Protector.

plasman

Post by plasman »

Bit late I know.. but its very strange that you say the audio system is not that great.. I have the QQ 360. Not the newest model.. Its from Jan 2014 just before the revamped model came in. Any way I was actually surprised just how good the sound is!! I had the same as one of the other members in this thread.. I was convinced that I must have a subwoofer hidden somewhere...or an upgraded sound system I didn£t know about! For a standard factory system its on a par with BMW factory systems I£ve heard.. very impressive. I£m particularly fussy about sound systems too.. considered by those who know me as a bit of a nutty audio head.. so its not just a matter of taste.. its really that good.. I use my iphone to play tunes from Spotify with sound quality set on the High setting. The source does make a big difference of course. The radio quality is definitely not as good. So its worth checking to see if everything is ok with your system. It could well be that the£ve lowered the quality in the latest model of course.. but that seems unlikely. And of course there£s a difference between the different systems installed.
Plasman
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I am a bit confused about some of these posts that go along the line of "not happy" in terms of quality (not talking about *faults* such as miss aligned panels here, but things like moaning about the audio blah blah or even lack of features which are simply not sold with the car!)...Those that are not happy, how much research did you do regarding the car before you bought it? How much test driving did you do? I spent a lot of man hours and around 3hrs of test driving on various "regular" roads before decided that the QQ was for me and that it was a massive upgrade from the outgoing Almera, must of easily covered 100miles in the test drives. After all, it was the best part of £20k and my first new car so I wanted to ensure that it was right for me. I picked up on some of the "issues" reported on here but found workarounds/that I was happy to live,with (IE those that moan about the lack of auto wing mirrors, its not there, either live with it or don't buy the car!), or even considered some of the "shoddiness" reported were in fact upgrades for me!! Maybe I am the lucky one to consider that everything in the QQ is great and other than a couple of rattles starting to emerge (which I have decided to leave until its first service), I am more than happy. It would be interesting to know if some people are "downgrading" (no disrespect to Nissan or the QQ, but it is middle of the road kit compared to what you could get if you had deeper pockets), IE coming from a higher class of car such as Merc. Although the QQ is >20k, its still a 'cheap' car considering what you are getting, and as such some things need to be overlooked as part of this BUT should have been picked up when you were looking. Granted, you should still expect the car to be in A1 condition with everything being perfect but in this day of age with mass production on an assembly line, things can go wrong and this is why you can go back to dealers to get things sorted. Nissan is not the only car manuf to have production problems with their cars, plenty of others, including those that are higher up in terms of quality.
philellis546

Post by philellis546 »

Well saidI like you researched the car did not expect auto mirrors as the spec said folding mirrors.I tried the radio on the test drive acceptable to me Had the car 6weeks now ave 59.4 mpg mixed driving inc 90mph in an emergency for approx 2 miles still a quiet and comfortable drive feel embarrassed to say this on here but I have had no problems from ordering to delivery and to driving .I sometimes think that my car has come from a different place to the others on here. I do not work for Nissan and if I have a complaint will contact Nissan first and then post,
pip
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

After driving 20 plus new cars over my 40 something years of my own or company cars, I feel the first Nissan I have owned, the new QQ, is as good if not better than most vehicles I have driven and that includes BMW, VW, Volvo, Rover, Ford, Audi, Skoda etc. As SplanK says all marques have problems, look on the BMW and Audi forums to see the problems they experience and you will find similar or even worse comments than we see on here.Provided the complaints are dealer rectified and a happy ending ensues I cannot see what all the continual moaning is about, but as we have pointed out over and over again, we see a complaint, a moan and I'm off to see the dealer about this and no results are ever shown. If you are off to see the dealer after a moan, at least have the decency to come back and let us know how and if it was cured.To be honest I just bypass these complaints now, I can't see the point in reading 90% of them as they all cover the same issues.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
ShinyAndy

Post by ShinyAndy »

You should try doing that research outside the UK! Here they basically assume that by the very fact you have walked into their showroom you have already committed to buy! Fortunately I'd done a ton of online research and to be honest in terms of value for money in this slightly depressing, used to have multiple sports cars now I have child so ought to be all grown up and responsible, sector nothing came close. I got a 3 minute test drive round the block in whatever the salesman happened to be driving at the time!! Thankfully I'd already made up my mind and it really didn't matter what the test drive highlighted so maybe they have a point!!
OmnibusMan

Post by OmnibusMan »

I have a 1.5 Tekna on order. Downsizing from a BMW 3 Touring. This is a company lease car that I will keep for 4 years. My total annual mileage has dropped from 30k to 8k so I am looking forward to saving around £100 a month in tax. I have had the luck to have had company cars since I was 18....over 40 years! Always I have had a choice but I have never had a test drive in my life. I drive the wife crazy with my reading every magazine and web site around but in the end I simply go with the spec that matches closest. I have never ended up with a crap car other than the Renault Fuego in 1982. My worries with the QQ is the fuel use may be less than I hope, (I get 55mpg from my 4 year old 2L BMW), and the comments about the poor sound system....but With a mileage of 8k I will keep focussed on the low cost of running the QQ.
1.5 Tekna Gun Metallic 64 reg
ShinyAndy

Post by ShinyAndy »

Sound systems are all relative, I was expecting the worst based on some comments but aside from a lack of bass its absolutely fine. Coming from Caterhams, Elises' and VX220s it's an audiophile's dream!
Proac

Post by Proac »

Let's hope we are not going back to the 1970s where Britain produced cars with no quality control especially with the likes of the Korean car manufactures on the increase it would be so sad to see Nissan Toyota ETC leave the UK because of bad workmanship as a lot of these cars go abroad I have had four Korean manufactured cars and I can honestly say I have not taken any back for repair.
Bronze Acenta Premium
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

The QQ will be our 4th Nissan and out these our Juke was the only one with a Production Panel problem which was sorted through the Dealer & NCS.
We saw the QQ here actually before the launch and then I spent a lot of time looking at the Specs / Websites / Magazine comments etc. then we Road Tested and borrowed QQ's when our cars were in for Service. Because of this we ordered late in April with a 6 month delivery which eventually turned into a 4 month it is at the Dealer now.
The comments on the Mirrors we asked about, was for us not a big deal but we ordered the Nissan Upgrade Kit (we have them on the Juke) for when we receive it. The Std QQ equipment and the cost comparisons that you have to consider from the Big 3 (Audi/BMW/MB) here are enormous you just go into the +++ scenario's.
Now regarding faults / recalls think yourself lucky you are not a GM Owner : in the USA 1st Half Year of 2014 37.2 Mio Cars & Pickups were re-called of these 25 Mio were GM. In 2nd place was Toyota. I spoke to friends in the US this week and they have 2 GM Cruzes and one has been banned from the road.
OK when you consider the cost of the QQ it is set in the middle range but when you sit down and read the Specs it is in another world compared to most vehicles. There are one hell of a lot of positives on the QQ and I hope in fact I am sure, that if there are faults they will be sorted nothing these days is 100% - Regards Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken