500 Mile REview

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

And do the doors now lock above say 5mph?
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]Jonceebee, when I read motoring reports like your one it makes you want one as quick as possible. We are trying to decide on the 1.2 Tekna and certainly your positive comments have helped us decide. Do you have any photos of your QQ available ? Thanks again - Dave[/QUOTE]
I will post some photo's when I have the chance to get the QQ clean, the heavy showers and filthy road have taken its toll on what was a super clean car
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Just to answer a previous question in here...nope the doors don't auto-lock..it's not a feature on the new QQ.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

So many conflicting stories about auto-lock. Some say it does. I think it has a feature where one press of the keyfob or door handle unlocks the drivers door only and two presses unlocks all of the doors and trunk. Pretty pointless when you have it as a family car. Nissan need to sort it out as every car I've got and had has the ability to set (either via a recode) the car to lock all doors once the car is moving above a certain low speed.
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

You can set the door locking and unlocking I think. So, mine unlocks all of the doors with one press.I've read and tried all sorts to get the doors to auto-lock it's just not there. On older models you could press and hold the locking button and it would activate or deactivate it....doesn't work on the new QQ:-(
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="kramrolyat70"]You can set the door locking and unlocking I think. So, mine unlocks all of the doors with one press.:-([/QUOTE]
Yes this is correct, it can be set to do this via the MFD in settings. I have checked and found pressing both buttons on the key fob at the same time does not activate the speed sensitive door locking. Let's just face it, this facility is just not there and unless Nissan can do it via the computer management system we should just move on.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

[quote="jonceebee"][quote="kramrolyat70"]You can set the door locking and unlocking I think. So, mine unlocks all of the doors with one press.:-([/QUOTE]
Yes this is correct, it can be set to do this via the MFD in settings. I have checked and found pressing both buttons on the key fob at the same time does not activate the speed sensitive door locking. Let's just face it, this facility is just not there and unless Nissan can do it via the computer management system we should just move on.[/QUOTE]Nicely put....NEXT!!!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Goint to stick my head over the fence speaking for me this feature is a dumb one anyway considering the car has a manual lock all doors button fittedAuto locking system always distracted me so im pleased this feature isnt on there, nothing worse than pulling up on double yellows to pick kids up (yes I know people doing that need to be hung) but then forgetting to open the door having to hit the button giving the child another reason to waste 2 seconds is annoyingIts Nanny state technology, if we want our doors locked then hit a button, I accept I dont live in USA bronx where car jacking is a hourly thingThese cars are not top of a respectable car theifs list unless your a celebrity (again not the car of a celebrity) its safe to say the fact it dont auto lock isnt a big thing considering some of the selling features advertised then removed
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I guess it all depends on your own situation, area and what you consider as a benefit.Having lent on a car door as a child that then opened causing we to tilt out of the car and almost fall out I'd rather have the inconvenience of having to remember to unlock the doors than lock them.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

with respect use the child locks and that stops kids opening themthe auto lock feature will not stop kids from opening doors