500 Mile REview

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

My QQ has now done just over 500 miles and I thought for those of you waiting for your cars a mini review would be welcome.1.2 Engine: Super smooth and so refined you never hear it even under acceleration. It is quick off the mark and if you want to overtake most normal cars. Drop into fifth then a nifty switch to third and you will leave most cars in your rear view mirror. It will cruise all day at above 70 mph. I don't break the law so will not comment furtherSeats: Very supportive and comfortable and despite some comments from others about the seat heaters, they work as well as any car I have had in the past. Electric adjustment very adaptable, but shame there is no memory buttonsGearbox: Seems to have a long throw at first but you soon get used to it and it is very smooth with a light touch clutchBrakes: Are very good and need little effort to slow. I actually like the electronic brake. It releases smoothly when driving away and comes on automatically when you switch off the ignition. The hill hold works well so in theory there is no need to put the handbrake on manually.Refinement: There is virtually no wind noise at any speed, so far no rattles and the only noise you will hear is tyre rumble. When on the newly laid tarmac roads there is no noise at all. As mentioned earlier the petrol engine is so quiet you hardly hear it . The 19 inch wheels are superb riding bumps, potholes with ease and the ride comfort is second to noneRadio/Connect 2: I am not impressed with the radio not a great sound with any adjustments to Bass/Treble etc. USB works perfectly for music, I use a 32GB stick with thousands of tracks and the album covers come up in full colour for each track..superb. The connect system is very good picks up your phone straight away and the few apps. it has work oK but could do with more applications as the American market does, Google is very useful though. The Sat Nav is adequate, seems up to date, re-routes quickly and has a facility to add your own speed cams and POI's. DAB radio can be iffy dropping the signal pretty often and apart from the additional stations does not seem as good as F.M.Safety Pack: Around view monitor is good, clear camera and even works in the dark. Lane Departure Warning-Can be annoying as it beeps at you on twisting roads if you go over the white lines ( I have switched off) Front and Rear Parking Sensors-Nice audible sound and in conjunction with the camera should stop anyone reversing into a wall etc. Front Collision Avoidance - Not tried it out. Auto High Low Beam- Seems very accurate and another thing you do not have to think about whilst driving. Traffic Sign Recognition - Works well and seems accurate, I only use the small sign showing in the top panel. Blind spot Warning etc - Not had the chance to use, but have seen the coloured bands when going into the garageHeadlights: LED ones are superb, much better than Xenons, whiter and a better forward throw of lightHeated Windscreen: Very quick to clear condensation etc. but the wiggly lines can be seen and you have to learn to look past themClimate Control: Works well and soon gets down to required temperatureThe Niggles: No height adjustment on passenger seat and lumbar support hardly makes any difference. The Fuses are in a ridiculous position placed behind the glovebox-I would imagine a glovebox removal is needed to replace a fuse. Rear View when Reversing Poor - You certainly need the camera and parking sensors. Rear Door plastics are not the same quality soft touch as the fronts are. No Speed Sensitive Auto Locking fitted a throwback to the early 1990's For some reason the window opening decals are only on the drivers door and non light up except the drivers door ones
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Fantastic mini reviewId take a single review like that over a dozen trade magazine reviewsSuprised at the radio niggle- Nissan blow this feature into a big thing as it goes and im impressed at the 1.2 engine working as well as it doesBut good write up to be fair I imagine will be well loved here
Swiftlar

Post by Swiftlar »

I second that, brilliant review! I want my QQ now, only got several months to wait
Proud owner of a 1.2 dig-t tekna in nightshade..... It's superb! :-)
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

Yep John cheers, it pretty much sums it up for me and was what I found on an extended test drive.
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

kawolskijoe

Post by kawolskijoe »

Apparantly you can switch on speed sensitive auto locking by holding the open and close buttons on the key fob down for a few seconds. I haven't tried it yet but it was a nissan salesman that told me when i picked mine up this week.
2014 Qashqai 1.5 dci Acenta Premium
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

[quote="kawolskijoe"]Apparantly you can switch on speed sensitive auto locking by holding the open and close buttons on the key fob down for a few seconds. I haven't tried it yet but it was a nissan salesman that told me when i picked mine up this week.[/QUOTE]
I am borrowing a 1.5 dCi Tekna for the day on Wednesday prior to placing our order so will give this a try. Would be good to have the option.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jonceebee, when I read motoring reports like your one it makes you want one as quick as possible. We are trying to decide on the 1.2 Tekna and certainly your positive comments have helped us decide. Do you have any photos of your QQ available ? Thanks again - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Chelseablue

Post by Chelseablue »

I was told the same thing by a salesman about setting the speed sensitive auto locking via the holding of the open/close buttons. Some light then flashes twice or something. He read something about this in the Manual. I think he mentioned 4.2 but not too sue about that. Those luck to already have theirs can try this and let us know. Still waiting a delivery date for mine. .................I meant to say that the open/ close buttons located inside the drivers door, not on the fob key.
Wait tot hear if anyone has been successful.Chelseablue2014-03-24 17:50:46
1.6dci Tekna Storm White CVT (2014). UK
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Tried on my car this morning but did not hear any beep. Did not try while inside the car though
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Billgo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Billgo »

I got into my car the other day and pressed door lock on keyfob in error. Doors locked and as I did not put key in ignition immediately alarm (horn) sounded and flashers activated. I never realised there was a volumetric alarm installed.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual