500 Mile REview

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I have to agree with Donkey here that it really is a trivial matter. You can still lock the doors from both front seats at the press of a button so what is the issue.I used to get annoyed with my Yeti when at my static caravan, you would set off to the rubbish bins with your stuff in the boot, at about 8mph the doors would lock, you get out run to the back to get the rubbish out and the boot would not open, then back to open the drivers door, press the unlock button then back to the boot to open it...what hassle especially when it is rainingPS (we should all add our first name in the signature box-along with our cars details, rather than refer to you as Donkey)
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I been called Donkey for yearsNo idea why ask me brother eeeaww eeaaawwwalys calls me that
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="kramrolyat70"]I guess it all depends on your own situation, area and what you consider as a benefit.Having lent on a car door as a child that then opened causing we to tilt out of the car and almost fall out I'd rather have the inconvenience of having to remember to unlock the doors than lock them.[/QUOTE]
The auto lock on any car will not come into action if the doors at not fully closed so if slightly open as in your case, they will still fall out. They can always be put in the rear with the child locks secured.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Donkey"]I been called Donkey for yearsNo idea why ask me brother eeeaww eeaaawwwalys calls me that[/QUOTE]
Well it had my wife wondering if you were a star of XXX rated films
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Damn it ok thats the reason I name myself itI can only say I wished that were so, im a dumb stubborn creature, the most politicly incorrect guy on the planet, I see it and I speak as I see Ill put my name up just couldnt resist answering that line without inserting a punch lineSorry OP for going off topicI just came from my dealers today (my car due in next week 8 weeks earlier than planned and around the date originaly given when ordered) so over a cuppa I asked about many things mentioned in the forumNothings perfect changes happen they need to bash these cars out and if one windscreen company cant keep up then windows changed to another for instanceAuto lock I accept is something thats not there, (in my case auto moving mirrors would of been more handy) but we got specific threads on this This thread is about the celebration someone has enjoyed the first 500 miles, there reviews and faults and for us to ask questions make em go back out into car and find outSort of payback all us waiting are getting those early collectors to scout out al the problems lolSo far we seen quality issues and features we can bring up and check BEFORE we sign for our own carsThe car has child locks fitted that will prevent kids from falling out or opening doors, the only thing auto lock does is prevent outsiders from gaining entry as we drive and cause us at petrol stations to panick when we remember our wallet in jacket on back seat after filling up (anyone noticed after you fill up if you make a motion to go back into car the looks you get?)