Update of mpg and adjustments.

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

Not to sure if this is the right place for this but no doubt one of the Forum Gods will move this to where it should be,
Purchased May 2014 Tekna CVT 1.6. This car has been taken back AD several times because of poor mpg. Have been getting around 34mpg. Was told that there was nothing they could do as engine was tight and would slacken up about 5000 miles and then give more mpg.
Well after 8000miles the car was taken back on 26/11/15 for AD to investigate mpg, headlights when in Auto mode come on in sunny conditions, parking sensors going off when travelling on an open road at say 60mph and last but by no means, the Stop/Start system failure warning appearing on the dash. this Stop/Start failure would activate for a couple of days and then disappear.
Dealer had car for day and a half. Dealer explained the following faults.

MPG. They had made adjustments and agree that the mpg should be higher and have asked me to monitor the mpg over the next few weeks.
They state 'there is not a lot they can do'

HEADLIGHTS They have had several people complain with regard to this fault and have to go to Nissan Technical to see what can be done.

PARKING SENSORS Could not find fault, even as I've got several video's of this alarm going off with nothing near the car. Beings there was no fault
when they had the car nothing can be done.

STOP/START SYSTEM FAILURE They state that this is because of the battery needed charging overnight with them. If this fault reappears then they
might consider changing the battery.

Over past 20 years I've had a total of 6 NIssans, all auto except one, which I kept for 9 months, I think this is the end of my affair with Nissan and will be looking in January at the Tucson, Sportage Or Kuga.
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt

sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Hi all, I'm from Downunder and just recently travelled to Adelaide and back and my fuel consumption was 6.8 klm per 100 klm. I think
that was a really good return .

The distance was around 1600 kilometres round trip. Car didn't miss a beat , very happy over all.

Peter :P
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum
montimar

Post by montimar »

I feel you have a major problem with fuel consumption. My 1.6 CVT has never returned less than 55 MPG from new on a proper fuely.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Unless I am totally wrong what Peter has stated is a pretty good fuel consumption and is above what montimar has stated. Peter stated he used 6,8 Liters / 100 kms which is 1,495 Imp. Galls. This calculates out to 66,88 Mpg - am I correct or have I got it all wrong Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

Update: Saturday morning got in the car and after about ten minutes while driving, the Parking Sensors came on for around 4 minutes. So back we go to the dealer.
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

My best has been 52 mpg, but usually it was around 48-49. It has recently got worse (44) and an air pressure sensor fault has manifested. I'm hoping my economy will improve a bit after the sensor is replaced on Monday. I've tried the ECO setting but didn't see any improvement. However, even my worst is significantly better than your 34 mpg. Sounds like a fuel rail leak or something.

My auto lights occasionally have a mind of their own but at least you can easily override them!

In heavy rain my sensors did once beep, but so far I've been lucky with them and they've behaved.

I hope they find and fix the cause of your problems...
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Buelligan

Post by Buelligan »

DaveBerlin wrote:Unless I am totally wrong what Peter has stated is a pretty good fuel consumption and is above what montimar has stated. Peter stated he used 6,8 Liters / 100 kms which is 1,495 Imp. Galls. This calculates out to 66,88 Mpg - am I correct or have I got it all wrong Dave ;)

I think you're totally wrong! Sorry!
My Units Plus app converts 6.8 litres/100km to 41.55miles per Imperial gallon.

For the record, my 1.6 diesel Tekna 4wd manual has averaged 45.5mpg over 18,000kms, with a 40 km journey best of 58mpg. It's the most economical car I've ever had.
It's LHD; I'm in Spain; & I've never used the 4wd mode. (Don't ask - I bought it new from Dealer stock!)
QQ Tekna 1.6cdi 4x4 Blanco Perlado, chrome bling, LHD.
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

I HAVE TH E SAME 2WD IN SPAIN (AUTOMATIC) MY real MAX MPG WORKS OUT AT 40.1 OVER 700KM NON STOP MOTORWAY ECO DRIVEING BRIAN TORREVIEJA
brian
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

TYRE WEAR I WEAR 1.5 MM OF TYRE FRONT EVRY 3,300KM AS WE HAVE 6MM TO WEAR FROM 8MM MY 225X45X19"CONTINENTAL TYRES COST OVER 1.000 EUROS A SET AND THE BACK TYRES ARE ALMOST THE SAME WEAR HOW MUCH DOES IT COST PER 100KM OF TYRES IN SPAIN I HAVE A CLOCK TYRE DEPTY GAUGE B4ECAUSE THE DIFFERENT TEMPERTURES IN SPAIN CAUSE INCREADABLE TYRE PRESSURESFLUCTUATION AND AT THE PRICE OF THESE TYRES I ADJUST THE PRESSURES A BIT ACORDING TO TYRE WEAR DIESEL HERE IS AVAILABLE AT LESS THAN A EURO /LITRE WHAT PROPORTION IS THE FUEL TO TYRE COST ? BRIAN
brian
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well Buelligan I think you are correct I really got it wrong so I have been back to school and found this attachment to confirm and this might well help in the future - Dave :lol:
"I think you're totally wrong! Sorry!
My Units Plus app converts 6.8 litres/100km to 41.55miles per Imperial gallon."

https://www.unitjuggler.com/convert-fue ... ml?val=6,8
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken